The Sewing Place

Official Stash Sewalong Competition

Francesca

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 14:04:23 PM »
Oooh must get thinking. Is there any requirement on the length of tie the fabric must be in stash for?

Making this up as I go along but I'm going to say three months. I feel that's long enough to be considered as gathering dust in the stash. If anyone disagrees we can discuss.

Didi

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 17:49:49 PM »
I was only thinking last week I should make myself a new pair of white linen trousers  :trousers: ready for the summer and I have a piece of Linen mix that's been there for about 2 years

Tamnymore

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 20:42:04 PM »
This is a great idea. Must get organised..
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewing in oz

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 21:21:52 PM »
How "white" is white?  Are we allowed to use light cream or off white (for those who aren't summer/winter colouring and don't wear bright white)?

Francesca

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 21:25:38 PM »
How "white" is white?  Are we allowed to use light cream or off white (for those who aren't summer/winter colouring and don't wear bright white)?

I would say yes, as long as it's more on the white tint than the yellow one. Down to your judgement really and whether you feel it's light enough for good sportsmanship...

But the white contest won't be until May/June so it doesn't have to be for this one!

Catllar

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 22:33:20 PM »
I'm here , but I'm on holiday at the mo - separated from my stash but I have some ideas, so can I please play?

I've got a large stash ( so I'm told) so  I'll save the white for a later challenge. I want to go home now - no more holidays, had enough!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 22:36:46 PM by Catllar »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Francesca

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 22:37:01 PM »
I'm here , but I'm on holiday at the mo - separated from my stash but I have some ideas, so can I please play?

I've got a large stash ( so I'm told) so  I'll save the white for a later challenge. I want to go home now - no more holidays, had enough!

Of course you can play  :* :* :*

BrendaP

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
Making this up as I go along but I'm going to say three months. I feel that's long enough to be considered as gathering dust in the stash. If anyone disagrees we can discuss.

Right-oh.  That means that the stuff that slipped into my basket whilst the old forum was down doesn't count.  Lots of other fabrics to think about though.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Vegegrow

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
Right-oh.  That means that the stuff that slipped into my basket whilst the old forum was down doesn't count.  Lots of other fabrics to think about though.
mmm same here that means I'm going to have to  open the cupboard  :|
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Efemera

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »
Just waiting for the pattern to arrive....

Francesca

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »

See! I'm forcing you to face your demons  >:)

Ellabella

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 12:17:58 PM »
Going to check stash tonight, there is some stuff at the bottom of the pile that hasn't seen the light of day for several years.

I need to stop saving stuff for 'when I lose weight!'

If I ever do lose enough weight to drop a dress size I'll have an excuse to go on a massive stash restock.

Francesca

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »
I need to stop saving stuff for 'when I lose weight!'

I used to do that as well, then I realised that if/when I lose weight there will still be gorgeous fabrics out there to buy, there's no reason to not sew them and enjoy them now!

Catllar

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 18:26:09 PM »

Need some scary music here  :ninja: - be very careful, you don't know what might happen!

Catllar

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 18:27:26 PM »
Of course you can play  :* :* :*

Goody - have persuaded Mr C that we should go home early by a couple of days- so hooray!  Don't get me wrong, very nice here, but bored now!

I'm thinking of making  a Style Arc  Flat bottom Flo pants  in some blue figured jacquard and perhaps if there's enough a waistcoat? There, I've written it down now!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 18:30:40 PM by Catllar »