Official Stash Sewalong Competition

Efemera

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2017, 14:32:37 PM »
Just about to cut it out....Marcy Tilton 9244 in jacquard jersey

b15erk

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2017, 15:47:22 PM »
Made some progress.  Cut out Style 4824 and StyleArc Barb.  Both of these are a compromise, the first choice for the blouse was a gorgeous grey and black, but there just wasn't enough fabric.  The purple one I've used is, slippery, frays like the devil, and is going to be a bugger to sew. 

The trousers I've made before, but left the pattern at home.  So, I'm working on a minimally adjusted pattern, although my stretch denim fabric is very forgiving.

My back is now done in (cutting out table is a bit low), so taking a break.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

NeilM

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2017, 16:42:58 PM »
I will be doing a shirt from B4486, haven't decided on the material, leaning towards the Beige Linen. Most of these I got on the Discontinued shelf for $3/yrd.

UttaRetch

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2017, 16:54:30 PM »
I'd go for the beige linen too simply because I can't be doing with stripe matching.  :D

Swisslass

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2017, 16:56:32 PM »
Ottobre t-shirt done, very happy with it, l lowered the neck further than the pattern, i think the diagram is not quite true. I sewed it all on the overlocker and did the hems with a twin needle; I ended up doing the neck band three times as I wasn't happy with it, then topstitched it. I like the fabric and i like the pattern, though I'll probably do a fba next time for a better fit.
I'd like to think I was inspired, but maybe sewing is just hard wired

NeilM

« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2017, 16:58:22 PM »
I'd go for the beige linen too simply because I can't be doing with stripe matching.  :D
lol, yup, will start tomorrow :)

Francesca

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2017, 17:26:30 PM »
Can everyone put a nice big bold metre count when they finish a piece so it's easier for me to spot amongst the thread? I'm doing stats... Did you hear that stat lovers?!

shadykittykat

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2017, 18:20:37 PM »
Can everyone put a nice big bold metre count when they finish a piece so it's easier for me to spot amongst the thread? I'm doing stats... Did you hear that stat lovers?!

I'm not joining in, no stash to bust, but I do love some good stats  0_0
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2017, 18:29:47 PM »

I love stats too.  Does that mean we are being judged on how much fabric we put to good use?
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2017, 18:34:39 PM »
1.5m.  This is darker than in the photo.  It is what I can only describe as brushed silk in a deep reddish brown.   Bought I Beijing 23 years ago with the intention of making an interview dress.

I have thread in my thread stash that matches it too.

Have cut it out from a self drafted cowl neck-top pattern.

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2017, 18:41:17 PM »
Used ... 1.5m. 

Black crinkle silk  bought from Truro Fabrics two years ago with the intention of using it as a first version of a bridesmaids dress before I made myself the final version.

Lining from same source and time.  Have thread and interfacing in the stash.

Have cut for a below knee length quite full skirt with a elasticated waist which I hope to get finished before going on holiday next week.

rowe1311

« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2017, 19:34:27 PM »
So here are my cut out pieces ready for a girls dress.  Hardly a stash buster as only cut out the bodice but it is a start. 

Francesca

« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2017, 21:22:07 PM »
I've made a banner if you'd like to add it to your signatures:)

Just add the following code:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,95.0.html][img]http://thesewingplace.org.uk/banners/stashsewalong.jpg[/img][/url]

Francesca

« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2017, 21:28:53 PM »
I love stats too.  Does that mean we are being judged on how much fabric we put to good use?

Not necessarily, I just love stats  0_0

But as it's up for member vote, some members might be more impressed with how many metres you've got through, whereas others might cast their vote based on a fantastic make! It's all up for interpretation.

BrendaP

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2017, 22:23:45 PM »
Wahoo our first stashbust! How does it feel?

How many metres did you stashbust with that? I'm thinking of keeping a tally to share at the end of the sewalong.

I didn't actually measure it before I started, but measuring the FO it would have been 1.75m, or thereabouts and 60"/150cm wide..  I tried to edit the original post but none of the formatting buttons came onto the screen.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.