The Sewing Place

Official Stash Sewalong Competition

Goth Gardiner

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2017, 22:42:50 PM »
Used ... 1.5m. 

Black crinkle silk  bought from Truro Fabrics two years ago with the intention of using it as a first version of a bridesmaids dress before I made myself the final version.

Lining from same source and time.  Have thread and interfacing in the stash.

Have cut for a below knee length quite full skirt with a elasticated waist which I hope to get finished before going on holiday next week.

And is one of the seams.  Can't think of anything else to show you.  Pictures of large bits of  black fabric will get a bit  boring.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

BrendaP

« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2017, 22:49:45 PM »
Here is the fabric and pattern I'll be using next.  The floral is only a few months old but the plain red and plain black have been in the cupboard for ages and both have already been cut into so might be a bit difficult to measure.

I'll be making version A, but might do long sleeves, haven't decided yet.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Francesca

« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2017, 22:50:50 PM »
Looking fab everyone!

You don't have to share any pics now if you don't want to, by the way. The three photos specified in the rules just need to be sent to me at some point which I will get round to in the final week. But I do enjoy seeing pics so continue if you wish!

Sandra

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
I'd like to get involved in this. I'm just waiting and hoping I'm going to find the time to fit it in.

My intention is to make myself a shirt...New Look 6407, View A... out of some lovely lightweight denim fabric I bought last August....and also to make a simple pair of pyjama bottoms....Simplicity 4057... for my daughter....this is in some cotton check fabric I've had lying around for about two years.

Pics have been taken of the fabrics with the patterns. I'll upload them when I get the chance....hopefully later.

Sandra.

Holly Berry

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2017, 17:13:53 PM »
Both my dresses now cut out and prepared ready for sewing. One was cut from 2 mtrs and the other from 2.5 mtrs. Is it 5 posts and 3 pictures for each item made?

BTW how do we put the Official Sewalong banner on our profile?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 20:36:29 PM by Holly Berry »
Procrastination get behind me

Stitchalot

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2017, 19:12:21 PM »
I've started. Fused fine interfacing to my entire length of wool crepe and cut out both dress and lining. I don't have a pattern to show as it's been modified from my dress block and now bears no resemblance to the original pattern. It will be a straight dress with cap sleeves and princess seams. That's it for today as hubby has brought me some red medicine  :toast:
That's 2.2m of fabric and 2.2m of lining

Didi

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2017, 19:16:56 PM »
I have tonight put the zip in and attached the lining so that leaves the waistband buttonhole and hems to do.
Is there's a limit to how many items we can include in this thread

Francesca

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2017, 19:39:33 PM »
I have tonight put the zip in and attached the lining so that leaves the waistband buttonhole and hems to do.
Is there's a limit to how many items we can include in this thread

Nope as many as you like, but they will be considered under one "entry" which can be voted for.

Francesca

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2017, 19:40:34 PM »
Both my dresses now cut out and prepared ready for sewing. One was cut from 2 mtrs and the other from 2.5 mtrs. Is it 5 posts and 3 pictures for each item made?

BTW how do we put the Official Sewalong banner on our profile?

You can see my post with the code on page 9 but I will add it to the first post too.

Catllar

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2017, 20:05:15 PM »
I have made my pants twice - every bloody seam had to be unpicked  and even the elastic got twisted. I don't know what's happened to this pattern - I've made it several times before and it's always been fine, but this time had problems with the  crotch ( and no-one wants to see that!) and the depth of the back yoke - was too shallow.  Nearly finished now, just hems to do.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Didi

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2017, 20:19:17 PM »
Nope as many as you like, but they will be considered under one "entry" which can be voted for.

That's good because I have a couple of other ideas  :D. Mind you I am also thinking about joining the mystery quilt sewalong !! Haven't done any quilting for a very long time so not decided yet

Holly Berry

« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2017, 20:21:47 PM »
Thanks Fran, I'd looked through the previous posts, but managed to miss it  >:)
Procrastination get behind me

Vegegrow

« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2017, 20:24:00 PM »
Ok folks my first Garment.. cut out yesterday but delayed by fridge freezer repair man ... don't ask... this is a blouse I am intending to make in a lovely floral cotton lawn but decided that I would test it out on this cheesecloth stripe which I reckon has been in the stash for about 10 years ( gulp)

I had 2.5 metres of fabric and decided to add 2" length.. bias cut the pockets .. a bias flat piping across back yoke and around the mandarin collar cut the sleeves longer and added a bias cut band round them as I thought it needed detail

All from stash including the buttons 2 sets of 3 very similar buttons which I alternated .. glad I added the detail as I think it would be very boring with out
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:28:43 AM by Vegegrow »
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Swisslass

« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2017, 20:34:39 PM »
Bad day here, started on project 2 the jacket. I'd traced the pattern out a few weeks ago, so I pinned it, cut it out, ironed the interfacing on then sewed the back and front up, tried it on for size. Quart and pint pot came to mind, unpicked it, let seams out, no joy. I think i'd misread the pattern and traced off the size based on hip size and not bust
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 20:40:15 PM by Swisslass »
I'd like to think I was inspired, but maybe sewing is just hard wired

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2017, 23:15:03 PM »
And is one of the seams.  Can't think of anything else to show you.  Pictures of large bits of  black fabric will get a bit  boring.

Earlier I thought I might have produced the first  wadder of the competition.  However has persevered and think I will end up with jus to a skirt that is shorter than I wanted that has too gathering the the waist.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily