The Sewing Place

Official Stash Sewalong Competition

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2017, 20:32:31 PM »
... make a pair of trousers, again not something i normally wear ...
You mean there's other things to wear than trousers?  Oh, yes, I know, shorts  :P
I think I own one tatty old skirt for if it's very very hot in the garden - comes out the wardrobe about once a year...

DementedFairy

« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2017, 21:32:51 PM »

Right.  A summer/spring dress, in that lovely white stretch cotton with green rose print, sitting in stash for about 3 years now.  I got it from the Textile Centre after buying my lovely parrot print and rose panel prints, but it's been waiting for the right time. Lynn Mizono dress, V1312 mark 2.  I love this one!  It will be paired with one of the jersy options for the bodice:
The green stripe jersey was a bargain from the markets a year or 2 back, and the bobbly textured poly jersey is also an old market haul.  I've used some of it previously, but never wear the garments...
There's also [not pictured] some plain white poly jersey, smoother textured than the bobbly.
What isn't used for the dress will go together for another pieced top, Butterick 6287 which I made in the New Year and wear all the time.
C'est moi!

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2017, 21:33:36 PM »
Picture of the sleeve.  This is quite a flared sleeve uses a little of fabric for a quite short sleeve.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2017, 21:43:54 PM »
Picture of the sleeve.  This is quite a flared sleeve uses a little of fabric for a quite short sleeve.

And here making it look like i am a demon machinist is the neckline.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Lyn-J

« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2017, 23:03:00 PM »
Quick post of my preparation this morning.
Some blue jersey (looks like denim) for DGD4.
M7274 by Lyn-J, on Flickr
ad some crepe de chine (polyester) for me, this is one of the oldest fabrics in my stash.
I had to be careful when I cut it out as it had some snags in it. I wonder who did that?  :meow:  actually, I haven't had cats for about 5 years now so this fabric goes back further than that.
M7361 by Lyn-J, on Flickr
I tried starching the fabric but it didn't take, its just gone powdery  :[  I cut it out with a layer of tissue underneath that stops a lot of the slipperiness.

Catllar

« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2017, 08:14:58 AM »
I've had that with starch on shiny fabric too - the chalk that just sits on the top! Not had that with gelatine bath - yet!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

sewmuchmore

« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2017, 17:14:09 PM »
OK fabric washed, ironed and ready to go. Pattern dug out from the back of huge pattern box. I do remember buying this pattern for the shirt/coat but never got round to making it.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Lyn-J

« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2017, 17:39:10 PM »
Vegegrow You're getting thing made really quickly. Shirts with pleats,collars and buttonholes! What machine do you have?

Brenda Sorry to read your top gave you so much trouble, it looks so petty I would never have guessed. The undies look so complicated to make, I've never tried making those.

Bodgeit I hope your more happy with your top once it has been through the wash! Well executed seams

Didi I'm sure every time a sign in I see that you've made something new.

Goth Those sleeves look very flouncy. What pattern is it?

DF I am green with jealousy! I wish I could wear emeralds. I'm planning on making the Lynn Mizono dress, but in black.

Catllar Ah! I think it is something to do with the shiny fabric - thanks.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2017, 17:55:05 PM »
oops forgot to put a photo of fabric and pattern, so here it is, hopefully.

Janet

Vegegrow

« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2017, 18:17:18 PM »
[b]Vegegrow You're getting thing made really quickly. Shirts with pleats,collars and buttonholes! What machine do you have?[/b]

Ah but I won't do anything else for a good while as I have 3 sets of curtains to make for customers... my new machine is a pfaff quilt expression 4.2... its an ex-display from Steve at sewing machine world.. 1st time I've had an automatic buttonhole and I love it.. I always buy Pfaff's couldn't be without the IDT

"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

sewmuchmore

« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2017, 18:21:00 PM »
[quote author=DementedFairy
Lynn Mizono dress, V1312 mark 2.  I love this one! 

DF, Well one thing led to another, i googled V1312 which led me to a picture on Pin interest and that led me to looking at another photo which led me to the blog of Lin and Liberty http://bien-fait-pour-toi.over-blog.com/article-lin-et-liberty-124265110.html, which led me to google the book that they had got the pattern from which led me to Amazon were i purchased the book. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1617453560/ref=tmm_pap_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1490033277&sr=8-1
So thanks DF you have just cost me £14.85

Janet

DementedFairy

« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2017, 18:23:03 PM »
The Mizono dress is done, bar the hem and waistline elastic [not part of the actual pattern, just my preference to reduce the look of late pregnancy!
I'm aiming to wear it tomorrow to cheer myself through the horrors of parents' night [830 am to about 8pm is a looooonnnnnggggg day]
As it's mostly white, watch me spill something evil down it at lunchtime...
Blog and pics tomorrow x
C'est moi!

Stitchalot

« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2017, 18:30:53 PM »
Here's today's project. It's the neck from Naughty Bobbin Presto top, grafted onto my knit top block. A very quick make. I have no clue when or where I bought the fabric. I have made a couple of other things this week but keep forgetting to take 'before' and 'during' photos.

Fabric used - 1.7m
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:49:08 AM by Stitchalot »

Didi

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2017, 19:34:01 PM »
No sewing for me today it's been a long day in work and to top it all off I have left a load of paperwork I should have been taking into the university tomorrow on my desk along with my umberella !!

I did get on with the top yesterday evening, still have the hems to do. Not sure about it at all it just doesn't "feel right" around the arms but I will see how I get on with it once it's finished. I actually quite like the shape of it but I think it's one of those patterns that is going to need a lot of adjusting to get the right fit

Sandra

« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2017, 19:48:16 PM »
This is my first make for the Stash Sewalong. It's just a simple,easy pair of P.J bottoms for my daughter.

I've had the fabric a couple of years or so. It is a 2.5 metre piece of cotton checked fabric which I received when I purchased a vintage sewing pattern off ebay.

Have had the time today to cut them out and roughly stitch them together. It's only one pattern piece, so really quick and easy. It took longer to ensure I'd got my checks matching than it did to cut out... I'm currently waiting for my daughter to try them for size so I can make any adjustments.

Sandra.
xxx