The Sewing Place

Official Stash Sewalong Competition

DementedFairy

Re: Official Stash Sewalong Competition
« Reply #300 on: April 03, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »
I made another dress! JUST managed to squeeze it out of the rest of the green 'floral' with a  bit of judicious piecing.  Spot the extra seam...  still time for more makes!
C'est moi!

b15erk

« Reply #301 on: April 03, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »
All cut out.  DD's Easter dress.  I really hope she likes this, as I think it will be a comfortable one for work, and I can make a couple sleeveless for the summer time.  I've had the fabric for several years - same batch as the white sweater, so it needs using up.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2017, 16:06:12 PM »
Oh dear...I'm failing miserably  :(

Tamnymore

« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2017, 16:59:07 PM »
Here's a version of Vogue 1410 - the Lynn Mizono dress. I'm not officially entering this but just sewing along with you as the fabric is only about 5 weeks in the stash - it's a lovely, quite lightweight brushed cotton which I got for £6 for 3 1/2m from a charity shop in Hay-on Wye. I've added sleeves as I don't wear pinafore dresses or sleeveless dresses. I've also added in-seam pockets. I've made the neck smaller and added a neck facing. I moved the front tucks a couple of times - not a great idea! I've put them closer together as otherwise the dress might got a bit tight when the drawstring was pulled up. I like the bubble effect of the hem - achieved by a couple of buttonholes just by the  bottom of each seam and strategically placed buttons inside the seam, further up. I actually added buttons and buttonholes in the centre an back front but the hem stays in place without using these.

(Ahem - ignore the junk round about... a sign of creativity, honest!!)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 17:01:00 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Catllar

« Reply #304 on: April 03, 2017, 19:19:23 PM »
That's very pretty Tammy!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Tamnymore

« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2017, 19:36:47 PM »
Thank you, Catlar.  :*

Vegegrow

« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2017, 19:41:17 PM »
Love the fabric Tamny... wouldn't have been able to resist that.. and the patterns great as well ....as for the junk you asked us to ignore ... well I'm very very creative :angel:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

DementedFairy

« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2017, 19:57:48 PM »
love it- that's one of my fave patterns [although I just sling mine over T shirts]
C'est moi!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #308 on: April 04, 2017, 17:25:30 PM »
This really is a stash buster. I bought the pattern and fabric together when I restarted Sewing in 2013, so it's about time I did something with it.

Hi, I have made this jacket, it does go together really well but it does make up on the large side. I posted a pic of my finished jacket under "Finished at last" in The Wardrobe section.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

sewmuchmore

« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2017, 18:12:50 PM »
Next project. Fabric is left over from cushion covers i made 2 years ago hence odd shape, pattern is one i bought from a TSF member last year.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Tamnymore

« Reply #310 on: April 04, 2017, 18:36:51 PM »
Just had an idea how I can alter Vogue 1410 to put a couple of asymmetric pattern pieces across the bottom - got an idea from a dress I saw in Sahara- a lovely shop but too expensive for me! Might be a bit beyond my creative skills - will let you know.  This is the one I mean. https://saharalondon.com/stripe-dress-black

Lilian

« Reply #311 on: April 04, 2017, 18:50:44 PM »
Love that jacket and the fabric Tammy!  Beautiful and very creative, great hem  :D
Willing but not always able :)

Fabric Lover

« Reply #312 on: April 04, 2017, 21:47:04 PM »
Finally getting round to finishing off my first Stash Sewalong attempt now that I'm home.  I had been having some issues with it, the pattern turned out to be huge and I hadn't made it before - using this as a wearable toile. After taking it in significantly, the other factor of dissatisfaction is that the bottom band seems to need more weight to it.  I'm considering whether to either put a facing on the bottom, or to cut another lower band, front and back.  Or maybe hem with bias binding? Will try the sleeves first while I mull it over. :[
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

DementedFairy

« Reply #313 on: April 04, 2017, 21:50:44 PM »
Loving this- now I'm making a HUGE sleeved Edwardian blouse from an old curtain...
C'est moi!

Tamnymore

« Reply #314 on: April 05, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »
Reminding me of Maria making the children outfits from curtains in The Sound of Music or Revenge of the Curtain People as it is sometimes known, DF. 'The hills are alive...' :D