The Sewing Place

What do I do with this

Catllar

What do I do with this
« on: February 29, 2020, 16:58:59 PM »
https://www.thetextilecentre.co.uk/collections/jersey/products/bonded-laser-cut-squares-scuba-type-jersey?variant=18056765828

Don't ask me why I bought it -  Ok - I just  did - Right. Gin may have been involved. It's really thick and just like scuba ( odd that!) No idea what to do with it, wondering if I can risk using it to re-cover an ottoman - could paint the sides  black and use this on the top.

Any other suggestions? Anybody else bought it?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

BrendaP

Re: What do I do with this
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 17:27:41 PM »
This Funky Fabric is suitable for structured garments - whether it's a peplum top, skater dress, or a simple large cowl neck coat/jacket.This fabric is elegant for all ages and would make a stunning addition to anyone's wardrobe. Also great for sports bomber jackets, for the gym!

or a special outfit to wear to Bodgie's civil partnership do in Blackpool.   :ninja:

Actually I think would work as a boxy/biker type jacket if you also included some plain black.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 20:06:09 PM »
That looks really nice.I've had several scubas from the Textile Centre and all have been very good. Great for warm dresses though you probably don't have a need for warm dresses @Catllar . Remember that if you do make it into an outfit for Bodgie's Blackpool do it will have to match the pirate tights.  :devil:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 10:35:49 AM »
I quite like the idea of  biker jacket although me and making jackets do have history - the hand sewn vogue tailored thing I wore once and gave away, the red fleece Hot Patterns disaster that went to the goodwill store. We have a window of about 2 weeks where it's the weather for jackets before it's too hot or too cold.  I don't do peplum anything and you wouldn't see me in a skater skirt either. Manuela would be able to turn it into something amazing, I'm sure.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !