The Sewing Place

March's BOM - Courthouse steps

supergran

Re: March's BOM
« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2020, 10:27:46 AM »
@Iminei that's all there was last time I was there as well. Judging by the pictures I saw it's a good sized shop which surprised me, but photos can be deceiving. We'll  see.

Acorn

« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2020, 13:54:42 PM »
... and mine has arrived too.  Posted first class on Monday, so down to a PO delay that I didn't get it yesterday.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lilian

« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2020, 14:08:17 PM »
@Acorn Wow they are nice!  :)
Willing but not always able :)

supergran

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2020, 14:09:29 PM »
They are certainly speedy. If Crafty Corner turns out to be  bit meh, I'll have a closer look at them . Enjoy your purchase, the fat quarters look lovely.  :loveit:

Iminei

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2020, 16:36:03 PM »
@Acorn, Why were yours so prettily packaged ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2020, 16:45:09 PM »
Were yours FQs @Iminei?  Maybe I got in first and bought the last of the prettily packaged ones!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bjay

« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2020, 17:55:08 PM »
Visited Cotswold Needlecraft today.
A small shop absolutely crammed with all things needley. Only 2 people in shop at a time, and when I was in there was so much I think the best way to buy from them is online, There was was one person buying a complete set of fabric for a quilt  but she hadn't worked out yardage which meant there was hardly room to squeeze past
Not really enough room to browse
Most of stock was in boxes as it was so busy
@Acorn I love thoese colours - supa
Didn't buy anything
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

supergran

« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2020, 19:43:43 PM »
Visited Louise's Crafty Corner today. @Iminei VillaMartin is still a scruffy dump and the plaza is nothing to write home about. Full of bars, cafes, and estate agents and the craft shop was the only interesting thing there. It wasn't as big as it looked on the photos although there was a lot of stuff squashed into the small space. When I got there they were just starting a needle felting class and were making little bumble bees. I got 4 different fabrics and may have bought more if they had taken cards, but it was cash only. A lot of the fabrics were ones that I know have been out of production for some time, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but she needs to stock up on the necessities like cutter blades and rulers and general stuff like that. She did have Mettler thread though, which was good to see, and I will likely go back occasionally even just for that. Who am I kidding? Go into a fabric shop and come out with just thread? I don't think so!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Iminei

« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2020, 08:20:59 AM »
Loving those fabrics ... Fabric freedom amongst them ...

Needle Felting class??? So no social distancing going on there? Yes I was always surprised at how down at heel the Villa Martin social area was ... for a super swanky golf club frequented by Mr W.

Glad there's somewhere near you that has some fabrics available and as someone who's always chasing round after an out of print fabric, it could be very handy!

supergran

« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2020, 20:55:17 PM »
No, @Iminei there was very little sign of social distancing in VillaMartin. The shop owner and the felting lady both wore masks, but the 4 or so class members didn't and they all seemed to be sitting too close for my liking. There was also no hand sanitizer available, so if I go again I will take my own. It was completely different to our town where almost everyone wears a mask and staff in the cafes all wear them and gloves too and the tables are widely spaced outside. The shops won't let you in without a mask and there is always hand sanitizer near the door.
It's actually mandatory to wear a mask if you cannot keep your distance and if you are caught without one on your person you can be fined.

Sandra

« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2020, 13:31:27 PM »
Quilted this one a couple of days ago.

No.  -<  I've no idea why, but it just happened like this.
As long as the quilt police remain locked away, then I'm sure I'll get away with doing my own thing.  :ninja:

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2020, 20:15:25 PM »
Fabulous ... Are you using templates for the circles, they look perfect!

Sandra

« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2020, 20:26:08 PM »
Yes. Templates...I drew around the end of a reel of thread and cut a couple of templates from that.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2020, 06:27:47 AM »
Good Girl, Im glad some of what I say takes root!

supergran

« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2020, 21:39:12 PM »
My first quilted one   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]