The Sewing Place

March's BOM - Courthouse steps

Lisalou1965

Re: March's BOM
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2020, 08:11:25 AM »
@supergran, I am so happy to hear you say that - I am following the same mantra. I decided my BOM quilt was going to be made up of scraps and bits that I had and that an absolute minimum would be bought for the project - if any. As a result, I have run out of some scraps and had to progressively add others. I hope it will look alright in the end...if not, I will always be able to look on it proudly as a great many lessons learned....and then hide it from view in the laundry room, I guess.  :S
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

wrenkins

« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2020, 09:20:45 AM »
Mine will be hung on the wall in the spare bedroom. I might even put arrows on to highlight the low points and high points.  :laughing:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lisalou1965

« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »
Mine will be hung on the wall in the spare bedroom. I might even put arrows on to highlight the low points and high points.  :laughing:

Well I guess that would be one way of quilting it.... :laughing:
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Pearl

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2020, 09:24:07 AM »
I love scrappy, @Lisalou1965 .  The more the merrier.  I'm looking forward to the reveal of these quilts.  Like a virtual quilt show.

Pearl

« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
March is quilted.

Eight down, four to go.

Bjay

« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2020, 11:04:02 AM »
I love scrappy, @Lisalou1965 .  The more the merrier.  I'm looking forward to the reveal of these quilts.  Like a virtual quilt show.

I don't know about anyone else but I have missed the excitement and awe of qulit shows. Not forgetting all the twiddly bits and advice available from stall holders. Mustmust have been at least a year since i visited one

our quilt display will be equal I hope
Trying to find my way on the Dark side