The Sewing Place

@ function

wrenkins

@ function
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
My @ notification function has stopped working. I noticed yesterday but Imi fixed it and it's just done it again when I tried to @ sewbusy.

@acorn! See?
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

Re: @ function
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:48:40 AM »
Are you typing slowly and waiting for the list of names, then making sure that you select the name?  It doesn't look as though that's what you're doing, because if you were @Acorn would have come up with a capital letter.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
@acorn veh veh slowly... my typing always is. No list, no clues, no blue box...nothing!  :'(
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 11:57:31 AM »
And another thing. When Sewbusy quoted me in her reply it came up as 'proper' in her quote; bold font and everything. I've broken it!  :(

Flobear

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 11:58:27 AM »
There there @wrenkins  :hug:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »
Can you try again now?

wrenkins

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 12:00:55 PM »
Thank you @FloBear

It worked! You've mended it!!!!  0_0 Yay!

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 12:01:19 PM »
@Acorn It's back! Thank you!  :flower:

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 12:06:40 PM »
When you were made a moderator your usergroup was changed, and for some reason the moderator usergroup didn't have permission to use the @ function.  The other moderators were OK because they were in the subscriber group as well as the moderator one.  I've put you back into both groups, and given the moderator group the right permission too - belt and braces!

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 12:21:08 PM »
Clear as mud. I was in two groups but not in both. Er something.  :[

Thank you for mending me. Imagine if people could ignore me. That would never do!  :D

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 12:25:33 PM »
I promise you we will never let that happen!!   :o

(And you were in one group, then another, and are now in both...  ;) )

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 13:05:19 PM »
Who would ever want to ignore you @wrenkins ? :hug:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 13:30:10 PM »
Well I know @Lowena. I am a delight!  0_0 0_0 0_0

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 15:09:08 PM »
@wrenkins ... no gap between the @ and the first letter of the name

I often .... ahem ... 'moderate' posts  :[  by correcting this so the name comes up and is highlighted and the person in question receives the notification.

When you were made a moderator your usergroup was changed, and for some reason the moderator usergroup didn't have permission to use the @ function.  The other moderators were OK because they were in the subscriber group as well as the moderator one.  I've put you back into both groups, and given the moderator group the right permission too - belt and braces!

Can you go rescue Greybird too please @Acorn  ... my bad!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 15:11:02 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 15:23:08 PM »
I'm sorted  thanks @Iminei. I wasn't plugged in properly.  0_0