The Sewing Place

Wanted Help from across the Pond!!!

Efemera

Wanted Help from across the Pond!!!
« on: March 02, 2020, 13:13:07 PM »
I’ve just seen this pattern but it’s only available in the US, Aus and NZ...
Would any of our friends from across the pond be will I go to buy it and send it across?
I could get out on  Flebay but postage is £12.

Altered title to try and garner more targetted interest ... Hope you dont mind xxx
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 13:44:21 PM by Iminei »

Sewbee

Re: Wanted Help from across the Pond!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 15:19:06 PM »
If it is any help I also see it listed as McCalls 7804.

Lizzy777

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 18:29:13 PM »
I have seen it for £15.43(inclusive p&p)  delivered from Canada if that's of any use. But it is a size 14- 22 the one I saw.

It's a nice pattern to have too.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 18:53:34 PM »
If you wait until the US McCalls website has a sale you will get it for $3.99 plus $15 p&p. However the $15 p&p covers up to 3 patterns so you would be best to add two more to your basket as well. In these sales Butterick and McCalls are $3.99 and Vogues $6.99 and you can mix and match the brands. It's quite good value for Vogues - doesn't work out quite as well for the others but it is no more than full price McCalls here as long as you buy 3 patterns. I frequently buy Vogues this way and they arrive in 10 or so days. The sales are frequent - every couple of weeks.
The reason your pattern isn't available in the UK is because it is a Laura Ashley pattern - these ones never seem to come to the UK presumably for copyright reasons.
Oops I've just noticed that the US site will only post this one to USA or Canada. So much for my cunning plan, I'm afraid!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 19:13:26 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 18:54:05 PM »
@Efemera, there is ebay seller from the US that has sizes 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 as well as 14, 16, 18, 20, 22.  The price and postage seems quite reasonable.

Kwaaked

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 19:11:56 PM »
I have offered a handful of times and it has always been declined so I am always hesitant to make the offer when I see these type posts.

I can, and am going to the store but even with the $1.99 sale, once postage is added you're not likely to look at much less then the Canadian ebay.

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 19:19:53 PM »
The one that @UttaRetch has spotted on ebay seems to work out at about £11 inc postage which is pretty good.

Lizzy777

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 19:30:13 PM »
The one that @UttaRetch has spotted on ebay seems to work out at about £11 inc postage which is pretty good.

Yes, I think @UttaRetch has done really well to find that. I looked but couldn't see anything like that. Well done utter :)

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 20:20:44 PM »
Thanks @UttaRetch ....bought it. I got the smaller one as I would assume they are American sizes...at least I hope so!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 20:45:24 PM »
Labeled as easy sew and loose fitting. It's got 5.5 inches of ease at the bust. Also a fabric hog. Interesting way the front's cut.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 21:23:41 PM »
@Efemera, glad to help.  Running patterns to ground and finding lookalikes are two of my favourite things.  :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 08:31:20 AM »
Well I've bought the larger size @Efemera ! So thanks to you for suggesting it and to @UttaRetch for finding it. I see it's already shipped. I often hanker after the Laura Ashley styles of my youth although I'm not sure I can get away with the milkmaid look in my 60s! This pattern is good as it's up to date but nods back to earlier times which I like. If there's any problem with sizing in your pattern I can trace mine when it arrives.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:00:04 AM by Tamnymore »

Efemera

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 09:09:08 AM »
Just have to go fabric shopping now!...of course there’s nothing suitable in the stash :ninja:

Tamnymore

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
Perhaps something floral from that Dutch online supplier that we've been discussing @Efemera ? Of course if we choose the same fabric we can be twins! (I should say that I am already a twin but my twin brother never seems to have been tempted to wear Laura Ashley dresses).

UttaRetch

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 10:31:42 AM »
Just looking at some google images for the pattern and MimiG's version jumped out at me.  She can do restrained and modest sometimes.