The Sewing Place

[FOR SALE] Vintage Singer

Iminei

[FOR SALE] Vintage Singer
« on: May 04, 2017, 07:39:40 AM »

https://goo.gl/photos/E14FzhoFRgXqR4Ao9

Currently on Sale in Dorchester ... Anyone interested ????
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:38:54 AM by Francesca »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

Re: Vintage Singer
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
A strange thing comes over me whenever I see sewing machines for sale... I want to take them all home with me and look after them.  It happens most with vintage machines, but new ones can do it as well.  John Lewis have green sewing machines - green!  How cool is that?   0_0

I don't let myself though...  :angel: ...and I am too far from Dorset anyway.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »
From the serial number it's a 1941 Singer 99K, one of a batch of 10,000.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »
It is rather lovely...get behind me, Satan :devil:.

Yes, Acorn, they're like lost puppies, and they want to follow you home.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 14:29:29 PM »
its quite battered tho'...some serious scuffs on the case and metal bed!

And Acorn, I have found old machines new homes far from me before, eh, Leilamay ???

its all down to timing!

LeilaMay

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 14:34:21 PM »
Quite true  :)

It looks to be in fair condition for it's age - without being able to see underneath - but if it's going to be your first vintage Singer be aware that it doesn't appear to have any tools, bobbins or feet - not even a standard presser foot if you look closely.
So the price would have to reflect that you're going to have to find some spares before you can use it for even the most basic stitching.

Still a pretty thing, and the 99K is a small neat machine  :)

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 18:51:05 PM »
No, no , no LM....not for me

I just wondered if anyone else fancied it!

But well observed, you clearly are a connoisseur, I wouldn't have even thought of those things!

Kittensposies

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 20:50:45 PM »
Oh it's so pretty!! It's just too far from me (plus we're meant to be decluttering in advance of walls being knocked down in a week or so!!) but I'd really love one for my sewing room, which I WILL get (once the aforementioned walls are gone)

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 17:51:25 PM »
Oh I love those old sewing machines,  they never seemed to give the trouble the new ones do!  I would love to obtain a couple but I've got 6 machines now, there's nowhere to put another one plus I think it would cause a bit of bother between DH and I if I decided sod it and got another one