snoozi soozi

Gift bags
« on: March 10, 2020, 15:06:52 PM »
I've tried a few different methods of sewing gift bags, this is my latest fave

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

RJR_38

Re: Gift bags
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 21:53:07 PM »
Which method did you use? I've yet.to find a drawstring method where I'm happy with the neatness of the edges round the channel/where the ribbon emerges

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 08:04:04 AM »
The ribbon channel is simply turned in and stitched down at each end, after folding the long edges in to the centre.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 08:26:28 AM »
Methinks a tut maybe required ... @snoozi soozi ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 09:04:44 AM »
@snoozi soozi  your bags look as though they are lined  :)   The bags I made for Christmas were only a single layer.  The top was just turned over and machined stitched down, then another row of machining to make a channel to thread the ribbon through.  With seams down each side it was just a case of unpicking the side seam across the channelling (and securing the ends!)

Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

snoozi soozi

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 09:09:06 AM »
Yes, @BrendaP they are lined, must say they do look nice with a lining. I've tried about half a dozen different methods, there are plenty of tut's on Youtube, that's where I look  ;)

RJR_38

« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:47:17 »
I liked your idea of drawstrings so much I copied it and worked out how to do it - so much better than the usual method, thanks @snoozi soozi

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: Today at 11:56:17 »
Do you have a link for the method you liked, please, @snoozi soozi ?

snoozi soozi

« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:54:52 »
Sorry, I'm hopeless at links and stuff. I used a tut by Sannari on youtube, titled easy lined drawstring bag   :loveit: