The Sewing Place

Gütermann Overlocker thread - very fine

BrendaP

Re: Gütermann Overlocker thread - very fine
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 16:20:21 PM »
@sewingj - once you have an overlocker you'll wonder how you ever managed without one!  :)

I totally agree.  I wouldn't want to sew stretchy jersey fabrics with anything else.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 16:40:30 PM »
If you look back over the forum you will find that I was the queen of overlocker-dissing.  Then I bought one.  I love it.   :*

If it can be overlocked, I overlock it.  I almost never have to change any settings, and the threading really isn't a big deal - all colour coded and quite straightforward.

I'm not quite so fond of my coverstitcher, but we're working on it.  It does like to break one or other of the needle threads after sewing about 6 inches and I can't figure out why.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 17:50:31 PM »
Oh no @sewingj overlockers are wonderful things.  Wouldn’t be without mine.  I’ve had one for over 25 years.  On my second machine now. 
Once you master the threading they’re fab and make things so quick and professional looking.