The Sewing Place

My chunky knitting machine diary

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: My chunky knitting machine diary
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 22:20:35 PM »
Doh, I may have steamed some wrinkles into it, [l but probably be ok after it's been worn a bit and washed.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 22:32:05 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Greybird

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 22:54:15 PM »
Nicely done! Looks great.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
Forgot I'd started this thread!

Hopefully starting on a little jumper today, the first lot of new yarn, although labelled as chunky, has turned out like cardboard even on the loosest tension on my machine  :S
The other two look fine, but I then couldn't find any pattern for the last jumpers I'd knitted.  I thought they were on the computer, but no.  Then I realised they must have been on the knitleader (charting device that you follow) but nothing on that either.  The only conclusion I could come to was that the pen lines on the knitleader sheet must have faded away!
Anyway, new pattern sorted and adjusted on my DesignaKnit doftware, so should have a jumper done today.

annieeg

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 10:20:55 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper Lovely to see your  :woof: :woof: had a cameo in the cardigan pics.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2021, 11:04:04 AM »
First little jumper parcelled up and ready to send off the my little grandson.  So quick and easy to knit on the Brother 230 machine - apart from a number of "operator errors" and deciding the first sleeve was too long, so unravelling that.  And casting on too few stitches for the third sleeve, so unravelling that too.  I managed to knit four sleeves in total  :S

The yarn is like a chenille, and sheds bits of fluff everywhere, so I don't think it will actually stand up very well to much washing, but never mind, I have three more lots of different yarns to make up - when I see how this one fits.

Greybird

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 11:26:26 AM »
I really like that. By the time laundering has decimated the yarn he will have grown out of it. In the meantime it's lovely and soft and warm!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 11:43:37 AM »
That looks lovely and snuggly warm. 

Acorn

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021, 13:06:16 PM »
Gorgeous!   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 13:09:29 PM »
Three more little jumpers.  They are so quick to make, take longer to sew up!

Morgan

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 11:37:17 AM »

Three more little jumpers.  They are so quick to make, take longer to sew up!

Yep, sewing up is a PITA - for ages I tried to get one of the Hague Linkers and I also fancied a chunky machine.  Never did get either of those.  I have sewn up lighter weight knitting on the overlocker.

Every time I see this thread Bodge, I want to get my knitting machine out again (standard gauge). It was put partly put away when I moved workrooms and it's sat behind where I have my ironing board - waiting.  To use it, I'll need to move a couple of things around a bit.
I love (and miss) the  designing and experimental and technical side of things and the machine makes the knitting up so quick.  Then that voice in my head say, when these UFOs are done, get it out.  Then I get distracted again . . .

Love the marls and flecked yarns you are using. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:39:09 AM by Morgan »

Ellabella

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 12:03:19 PM »
Bodge they are lovely.

Makes me want to get my machine out of the depths and have a go.

Greybird

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 12:36:09 PM »
More lovely results @Bodgeitandscarper ! I actually like sewing up - using mattress stitch. It's a good excuse to sit back in an armchair and I like feeling it come together in my hands. I am nearly as fast at it as I used to be.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 13:09:04 PM »
Go on, ladies, get those machines out  :dance: