The Sewing Place

Sew Essential Customer Service

Flobear

Sew Essential Customer Service
« on: March 13, 2020, 19:21:50 PM »
A hearty cheer for 'Sew Essentials' in Bolton, especially Irena who is a treasure.

Both occasions when I've ordered from them, a message has flashed up on the screen saying there's a problem and I need to contact them.

When I phoned, it was answered quickly by a real person (Irena) who seemed genuinely interested in helping me. When further information was required that she didn't have she promised to phone me back and did so.

I called today as there was no news about my overlocker that I ordered last Tuesday. It appears that the customer before me ordered the last of the stock. Irena was incredibly helpful giving me alternatives and also gave me various tips about overlockers - she teaches classes on using the bloomin' things!

A little ray of light in my day and a splendid example of customer service.

Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Renegade Sewist

Re: Sew Essential Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 20:56:35 PM »
How nice of her.  But darn, still no overlocker. This would be a great distraction from world events
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Flobear

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 21:08:37 PM »
Probably a sign from above @Renegade Sewist that I should give the garden some attention now! The overlocker should arrive in a couple of weeks.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 21:19:08 PM »
Probably a sign from above @Renegade Sewist that I should give the garden some attention now! The overlocker should arrive in a couple of weeks.

LOL! I'm thinking the same. Full on spring here and I've plenty that needs doing. Plus I've got Netflix, bluprint and creativebug when I just want to veg or educate myself.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Vezelay

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 23:45:21 PM »
Another fan of Sew Essential here. They seem to stock everything, excellent website, very reasonable postal rate to Ireland, fast delivery and reliable. Can't fault them.

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 09:03:26 AM »
I agree @Flobear  ! Irena emailed me yesterday as there was a delay getting my new overlocker trim bin to me.  She's really helpful and their service is exemplary.  Hope you get your overlocker soon - my bin is coming from Germany, so heaven knows when it will be here. 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
They are very near where I used to live, and where my son still lives - I was trying to work out if they have a shop you can go in, but it didn't seem clear.