The Sewing Place

Lurking M&S

jintie

Re: Lurking M&S
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:21 AM »
I am sure the have a bra to fit me,  but with 46578 to chose fron I would rather patch up my old ones than risk a nervous breakdown.
I sometimes grab a manager and ask why the men's clothes are much better quality than the women's.
Rottweiler with scissors

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 14:04:06 PM »
M&S have their own bra sizing.  I tried on my usual size and it was too small.  I was disinclined to try on anymore to work out what would fit me.

Missie

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 17:22:19 PM »
M&S have their own bra sizing.  I tried on my usual size and it was too small.  I was disinclined to try on anymore to work out what would fit me.

M&S Skip sizes so you need to get a bigger cup to achieve the correct size.

grannysyb

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 22:17:04 PM »
M and S is rubbish these days, my DH likes drawstring linen trousers, I've bought them from Next for the past two years as the M and S linen is dreadful now.

Tamnymore

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 22:33:22 PM »
Difficult to say without seeing them on. I quite like a dress with a 'loose' frill so might try that Simplicity pattern when it arrives in the UK. Got something like that last summer in the Kin range from John Lewis. I did get two really good pairs of wool blend trousers in the winter sale though from Marks. I was also admiring a nice black linen dress there the other day but would make it rather than buy it. I think they would be better for M&S to go more upmarket and not try to compete with cheaper brands.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 14:39:27 PM »
The US Simplicity website has 50% off its dress patterns for the next couple of days. With postage (and a weak pound  :'( ) that would work out about £15 for that MimiG pattern to send to the UK. Simplicity patterns take an age to get over here on the sewdirect site so I'm quite tempted.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde