The Sewing Place

StyleArc Daisy top

datcat23

StyleArc Daisy top
« on: March 15, 2020, 01:37:22 AM »
I actually finished this last weekend, but have been ill with a cold (no not covid) so haven't got around to posting.  This is the StyleArc Daisy tunic, slightly altered to not have the second layer at the hemline.  Instead I used the edge of the bodice, to make a facing for the hemline, a much better idea as hemming those points would not be fun. 

Fabric is a linen blend from Spotlight (sort of Joanns equivalent, but in Aus), that I purchased at the start of summer (I like to marinate my fabrics a bit).  Hubby chose this fabric, and I love the softness of the colours.  Neckline is faced, and I have included pockets, catching the bottom edge of the pocket in the hem stitching, so that it doesn't flap around. 

Styelarc Daisy top - Linen by Dani, on Flickr

The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Pearl

Re: StyleArc Daisy top
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 06:59:39 AM »
That’s lovely, @datcat23 .  Your husband obviously has good taste and pockets are always good.

Seeing garments like this make me want to get into dressmaking. 

Puzzler

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 07:53:39 AM »
I love that fabric.  :loveit: Very nice top too, including pockets.

maliw

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 11:20:29 AM »
Love it and it suits you.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Sewbee

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 11:23:32 AM »
Very pretty!

SkoutSews

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 11:44:20 AM »
Lovely top. The colour will look great along with your purple cardi!

Nevis5

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 12:30:13 PM »
Lovely as usual @datcat23   !  The fabric design looks Liberty-esque to me. 

How did you find the pattern sizing?  I have that pattern but reading reviews some Style Arc patterns appear to come up very big.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 13:05:09 PM »
Another garment in my colour.,   :)

datcat23

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 20:51:46 PM »
Lovely as usual @datcat23   !  The fabric design looks Liberty-esque to me. 

How did you find the pattern sizing?  I have that pattern but reading reviews some Style Arc patterns appear to come up very big.

I bought this pattern quite a few years ago, when StyleArc were only sending out patterns mail order, and they were only single size.  I based the size choice on my bust/hips, and so its ended up a bit big around the shoulders/neck  (I notice that all the models StyleArc use are quite square shouldered).  At some point, I am going to commit some time to fixing up that point, but meh - who has time.    :[
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 13:08:11 PM »
Thank you, @datcat23  .  I have a similar problem in that my neck and shoulders are a lot narrower than Style Arc seem to draft for.  I have to make a giant bust alteration on any pattern but find the fit awkward after that.   I do like their styles though so will soldier on x