The Sewing Place

Missing tools

Gernella

Missing tools
« on: March 19, 2020, 15:20:47 PM »
Last leg to finishing the jacket.  Marked out where I wanted my snaps and got the pliers ready.  For some reason one side of the holder has got a bit loose and I've not figured out how you get it out to replace.  Anyway got everything out ready stuck the top piece in to make the hole.  Dam thing came out off, onto the floor.  Despite the cleaner than usual floor, I've wasted half an hour looking for it.  I've worn contacts for 50 years and always found the little beggars but this much larger bit of metal has got me beat.  I'm hoping Jaycotts are superfast with delivery.

So onward with the faux suede next on the list.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

wrenkins

Re: Missing tools
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 15:48:04 PM »
Shine a torch across the surface of the floor. You'll see the shadow clearer than the little thing.  8)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 18:28:26 PM »
Done the torch job @wrenkins, flipping mystery, even tried the four pockets of the jacket.  However, when I was sorting out  skirt pattern, the metal sewing gauge that went missing around two weeks ago popped up in the drawer.  Which is odd because the drawer wasn't open at the time and I was around 18 inches away to the left.

I suspect it will turn up as soon as the new bits arrive  :S 

Still missing, a micro sd card in the same room.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 22:47:17 PM »
When it does turn up would you pleck check if my bestist Sarah Kay Buckley scissors are hiding with it. ;)
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

jintie

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 07:15:20 AM »
I lost a hank of sashiko yarn a couple of years ago, along with needles. Still hoping it will pop up!
Rottweiler with scissors

Morgan

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 13:10:51 PM »
Pixie infestation I tell you  :S
[/size]Still bugged about a particular machine knitting transfer tool that mysteriously disappeared, it was my favourite.
[/size]

Starryfish

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 13:14:52 PM »
Can you see if my buttonhole gauge is there as well?
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 13:33:58 PM »
I had a cable needle pinched from my mum. It had a turned up end. (Mum knit, dad opened things...just sayin'). Can't find it for love nor money and it went missing years ago. I'll have put it somewhere safe no doubt. Have  a look would you G?
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sara-S

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 01:33:17 AM »
As long as you’re looking, let me know if you run across my waistline.  It’s been years since I’ve seen it. :D
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 05:55:56 AM »
I still don't know what happened to my aebelskiver pan. Or my antique egg scale.  Both went missing on a move to Houston.  In 1976. :ninja:

My parents swore they didn't get rid of them. I'm beginning to think they lied.  -<
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Sewingsue

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 07:24:06 AM »
As long as you’re looking, let me know if you run across my waistline.  It’s been years since I’ve seen it. :D

I do still have a waist for which I am very grateful, but I realised at the weekend (I needed to check my measurements as I was ordering some trousers) that the sands of time have run downwards more than I had realised.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Marniesews

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 12:51:32 PM »
I've finally found my waistline after decades of obscurity, if I'd only known it was as easy as a torch under the sofa though.  :[
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.