The Sewing Place

I'm back-----

maliw

I'm back-----
« on: March 19, 2020, 17:10:36 PM »
I'm back, well if only for today. This enforced 'not going out' has given me the oomph to finish my scrap quilt. It was abandoned  at the end of October when my charity sewing started but I've come to a natural break with that and as I've now got lots more sewing time out it came this afternoon. The blocks were finished so it's been a case of assembling today,  all the sashing is done and the binding, now for the hand sewing to finish. It's my first QAYG attempt and so far I'm happy with it and what a change to be able to do some nice easy straight line sewing.
I might just get round to finishing my mystery quilt from a couple of years ago but there is a lot more still to do with that - sandwiching, quilting etc.
All in all I've enjoyed this afternoon getting back to P&Q. :)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Sheilago

Re: I'm back-----
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 17:33:08 PM »
Yes, we are all lucky to have a creative hobby we can do from home @maliw . I’m also making a scrap quilt. I was thinking of offering to make / knit for friends, if they’ve maybe got a family baby due or want a birthday gift. :)

maliw

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 16:43:09 PM »
It's done, nice and cheerful and much brighter than I expected.

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 16:46:20 PM »
I love the bright colours...

Sheilago

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 17:14:58 PM »
Lovely @maliw , I do love a scrap quilt. You do feel quite virtuous turning what could have gone to landfill into something beautiful and to me it’s in keeping with the origins of quilting. :angel:

maliw

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 12:23:15 PM »
Yes @Sheilago , I agree, I've still got a box of scraps so who knows if I get bored over the next few weeks/months -----