The Sewing Place

Morning :)

Tawny75

Morning :)
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:56 AM »
Morning all,

I have found this place as I was looking for thoughts on Horn Cabinets and I knew that TSF had some on it.  I used to go on TSF but was much more of a reader than a poster.

I have had a year away from sewing for various reasons but I am feeling the urge again and I have saved enough pennies for my cabinet.  I will soon be the proud owner of a Quilters Delight MK2 and I am very very excited!!!

I shall now go and start reading :)

Ravingdoll

Re: Morning :)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 13:21:57 PM »
Welcome! I recently acquired a Horn Calypso and I love it! I am still at the stage of patting and stroking it every time I am near it. My cat seems to be quite taken with it too.  I hope you enjoy your time back into sewing after your sabbatical. 

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 14:02:01 PM »
A big welcome from me too!  Look forward to seeing some of your projects!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 14:02:43 PM »
Welcome from me too  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 15:43:45 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum. :flower:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

BlueCat

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 17:32:03 PM »
Tawny75
I have just got my Quilters Delight a week ago, and it makes a big difference to my sewing.  I now sew at the correct height, have loads of space to quilt larger items, and it takes up so little room when all the flaps are down, compared to my previous table.  And the extra drawer unit means I can keep all my threads and little things neat and tidy.

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 23:49:29 PM »
Hello, come on in and have a look around :drink:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lantana

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 20:59:18 PM »
Oh a horn cabinet how exciting! I've always wanted one and like to oogle the brochures. One of these days ..... meantime I have a big table so I can't complain and I did treat myself to one of their chairs. :) I've never heard anyone say they've not been delighted with their purchase. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing what you create.  :sew: :snip: :thread: :pin:

:vintage:

Marniesews

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 21:42:51 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too.

I've got an RMF cabinet and love it too although I'm wondering if I should have my old Bernina in it rather than the flashy Pfaff that currently resides there as I find myself using the Bernina at every opportunity. Whatever is inside, it's so much more comfortable that sewing on top of an ordinary table.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Tawny75

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 15:28:17 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome,  :) I am awaiting hearing from Horn about a delivery date.  I am so very very excited.

I am debating whether to buy a chair as well as mine has arms.....

Decisions decisions.....

Tawny75

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 15:31:48 PM »
Tawny75
I have just got my Quilters Delight a week ago, and it makes a big difference to my sewing.  I now sew at the correct height, have loads of space to quilt larger items, and it takes up so little room when all the flaps are down, compared to my previous table.  And the extra drawer unit means I can keep all my threads and little things neat and tidy.

Mine arrived last Thursday and I have to admit, I love it already!  I love it so much I have promoted my sewing area from the hall to the living room!

the attached picture is taken while cutting my dust curtains for my book cases that had to be moved to the hall to make room for me.

Surest1tch

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 23:38:02 PM »
Hello & welcome.

rubywishes

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum.....mmmmmm a nice new sewing table, lovely....nothing quite like it, except chocolate and scotch!
I have a very old Horn cabinet set up in my sewing room with my dear old Janome residing in it....almost antique by now I reckon! Still use them occassionally and always notice how comfy the set up is.
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!