The Sewing Place

Sinclair Patterns Adele Top - petite/regular/tall

Clareew

Sinclair Patterns Adele Top - petite/regular/tall
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:33:37 AM »
I am still recuperating from an operation and can only spend short amounts of time sewing; I had tried a trouser pattern but it needed too much tweeking.

Thinks to self, which pattern brand always fits straight out of the envelope (pdf printer), of course, for me that would be a Sinclair pattern in the petite size.  I am 5'1" tall and have made three other Sinclair patterns so I went for the Adele.

Sinclair Adele

I found my fabric in deep stash, it was a purchase from John Lewis many years ago which had been waiting for this moment.  The sleeve length was limited by the amount of fabric I had left after cutting the two bodice pieces out.  Having made the top I decided to make it shorter than designed so I could have had full lenght sleeves.

The trickiest bit was the second seam of the shoulder inserts which had to be accurately placed but after that it was a breeze.  The tutorial instruction is very thorough with lots of photographs with markings to show where to stitch.

I would thoroughly recommend this pattern and with thoughts of summer this could be lovely with the tie sleeve.

Sorry about the large picture, I don't know how to shrink it.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

blackcat001

Re: Sinclair Patterns Adele Top - petite/regular/tall
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 13:18:31 PM »
Looks good!

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 13:19:47 PM »
That is very nice, looks lovely.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 13:51:21 PM »
Lovely fabric, it looks great on you. Be happy  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Nevis5

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 15:35:02 PM »
Ooh that's gorgeous fabric @Clareew  !  and the top looks lovely on you x

Clareew

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 16:54:41 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind comments.  I can really recommend Sinclair patterns - this is the fourth one I have tried and have found them all well drafted with great instructions.  I am definitely a convert.

Maybe the Corona virus will get lots of us to use our stash!! 

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 18:11:36 PM »
I like the neckline.  I looked at this pattern.  After seeing your recommendations I bought one or two.  I usually draft my own.  But I’ve been quite impressed.   I’m only 5 ft so useful having the petite sizing.  I do have to do an FBA but I can live with that. 

Clareew

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 20:31:59 PM »
@Ohsewsimple, I had to do an FBA on the Demi but not on this one.  I think it is because I used a very drapey viscose jersey for this one but used less stretchy and fluid fabrics for the Demi.

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 22:11:02 PM »
@Ohsewsimple that is a seriously nice top and it really suits you, well done

dolcevita

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 10:36:33 AM »
A lovely top, Clare. Are you planning any plain colour versions?

Fabric Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »
Lovely top Claire. Glad you’re recovering well from your op! 
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 11:31:28 AM »
@Ohsewsimple that is a seriously nice top and it really suits you, well done

Clareew

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 13:28:55 PM »
@dolcevita I need plain tops for summer,  I have some fine teal coloured jersey, maybe a short sleeved version.

Surest1tch

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 16:20:08 PM »
@Surest1tch not mine.  :).

Oh dear, sorry, senior moment  :facepalm:

Surest1tch

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 16:21:53 PM »
I am still recuperating from an operation and can only spend short amounts of time sewing; I had tried a trouser pattern but it needed too much tweeking.

Thinks to self, which pattern brand always fits straight out of the envelope (pdf printer), of course, for me that would be a Sinclair pattern in the petite size.  I am 5'1" tall and have made three other Sinclair patterns so I went for the Adele.

Sinclair Adele

I found my fabric in deep stash, it was a purchase from John Lewis many years ago which had been waiting for this moment.  The sleeve length was limited by the amount of fabric I had left after cutting the two bodice pieces out.  Having made the top I decided to make it shorter than designed so I could have had full lenght sleeves.

The trickiest bit was the second seam of the shoulder inserts which had to be accurately placed but after that it was a breeze.  The tutorial instruction is very thorough with lots of photographs with markings to show where to stitch.

I would thoroughly recommend this pattern and with thoughts of summer this could be lovely with the tie sleeve.

Sorry about the large picture, I don't know how to shrink it.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I'll try to get it right this time  :facepalm:.
That's a seriously nice top and really suits you, well done