The Sewing Place

Simplicity/New Look 6217

BrendaP

Re: Simplicity/New Look 6217
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 15:15:19 PM »
I think it's made up beautifully, especially if only intended as a toile.  I have to agree though that the fabric wouldn't be my first choice.  Orange is not a colour I wear, and I don't have much blue either.

I like the kimono sleeve, but I'm not a fan of curved hems. 

I quite like curved hems, but I'm not a fan of kimono sleeves!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 16:29:46 PM »
I think the jacket looks great, Lilian and the stripes are perfectly matched well done!  :toast:
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Kittensposies

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 18:56:13 PM »
I actually love the fabric and pattern combo! I have a thing for unusual patterns though (and also love orange).

I have a few kimono jackets but never wear them; I find them really awkward as they don't keep me warm, meaning I have to wear layers under them. Then if I get warm I have to remove the jacket, remove a layer, put jacket back on and hope I've coordinated all my layers with the jacket... and vice versa (yes I'm fussy)

Having said all that I will still make more as I love them!

Anyhoo... back to the point. Nice job Lilian! Definitely too nice for just garden use :)

Lilian

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 19:13:14 PM »
I think the jacket looks great, Lilian and the stripes are perfectly matched well done!  :toast:

Thank you Fabric Lover!  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lilian

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 19:17:48 PM »
I actually love the fabric and pattern combo! I have a thing for unusual patterns though (and also love orange).

I have a few kimono jackets but never wear them; I find them really awkward as they don't keep me warm, meaning I have to wear layers under them. Then if I get warm I have to remove the jacket, remove a layer, put jacket back on and hope I've coordinated all my layers with the jacket... and vice versa (yes I'm fussy)

Having said all that I will still make more as I love them!

Anyhoo... back to the point. Nice job Lilian! Definitely too nice for just garden use :)

Thanks KP, actually this fabric is surprisingly warm. I think it will be for the autumn.  It is an unusual pattern but that's what I like about making your own garments, it's always different. I have never made a kimono before but I did enjoy it.  I french seamed it too, to finish it properly  :)  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)