The Sewing Place

Bluprint - free until 9 April (was Craftsy)

maliw

Re: Bluprint - free until 9 April (was Craftsy)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 17:14:21 PM »
Yes @Ohsewsimple I had exactly the same experience, misleading to say that all tutorials are free.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 10:48:55 AM »
I just found it weird @maliw.  It’s not a problem as I can use the App.  And if I want a bigger screen I can transfer it to the tv.  Glad it’s not me.  Hope you can watch what you need. 

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
I'm a subscriber. Try this. When you get on their page on the left you can choose craft or explore. Choose craft then in the dropdown choose sew. When that opens about the third line down it says "more in sew" and there are purplish boxes for different types of sewing. Those boxes scroll right and left. If you go to say "couture garments " it might let you watch. No guarantee.  ;)

If I do that it lets me watch everything I've checked so far.

BUT if I click on explore and look at classes that way many say subscription only and include a printed pattern. None of which BTW are shipping right now. When I click on those they want me to buy them. WTF? Subscribers can select some older classes with patterns as one of our 12 free own forever classes. I just ordered as I remembered my first 3 coupons were about to expire. I got an email yesterday telling me the pattern would not be coming as the supplier had closed the warehouse. I get to keep the class and pick a second one to keep for the inconvenience. Without the pattern I would have never selected that class to own.

No word yet on the other class with an included pattern.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Sewingsue

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 14:02:18 PM »
I have classes I bought from Craftsy that I have never watched or intended to watch again.

I must admit that I have never checked since Craftsy became Bluueprint, just assumed that what I had bought was still mine to access.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

maliw

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 14:56:29 PM »
Nope it will only let me watch a preview of the one I want :(

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 15:41:27 PM »
Perhaps they need a stern email.  I noticed earlier that the banner across the top on the website says Free till April 9th.  On the App it's till 16th April.  Dear god if they can’t get that right there’s it much hope is there?   I have to say I really don’t like Bluprint since they took over.  I find it a PITA to navigate and  the search facility is  absolute rubbish.

Marniesews

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 09:53:12 AM »
I have emailed them about the subscription classes @Ohsewsimple and had a couple of replies that didn't satisfy me so I've sent another today, expressing my appreciation of the timing of the free access period (it's now showing as extended to 16 April on the website by the way). I also expressed my dissatisfaction that the pattern-included type of class is now restricted to subscription only despite the 'all classes free' banner and when I'd previously bought that type without problem when it was Craftsy. I made it clear that I had to assume it was purely for maximising profit and a decline in service for customers.

I like the free access promotions but overall I preferred it when it was Craftsy too.

I tried the explore pathway @Renegade Sewist but unfortunately it takes you a buy the course page in which the buy it button is greyed out presumably because it's now subscriber only. However, I'm  wondering now if perhaps this is all simply a quick IT fix to stop people triggering an automatic request during the free access period to the other company to send a pattern that they can't filter out easily and which they would then be charged for. That might make more sense.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:57:14 AM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 11:26:45 AM »
Oh no, @Marniesews , don't take the "explore" path! That way leads to ruin. And money grubbing on the part of Bluprint. As a subscriber it wants money from me for those subscriber only classes if I go in through "explore". Going through crafts it let me watch. I tested it with Susan Khalje and the couture dress class. Lord she is full of herself.  :[

Interesting development. Subscriptions have included coupons for 12 own forever classes. As of yesterday,  Thursday, that has ended. They added 9 class coupons good until the end of the year. I already had 3 to redeem by end of June. When I subscribed in December my welcome email had 3 class code coupons which some quick math on my fingers meant redeem now. Two were for classes with patterns. One warehouse is currently closed so no pattern. To make up for it they told me the class is mine to keep and they gave me another class code that has to be redeemed by April 20th.

Did you follow all of that? :facepalm:  Nine new coupons plus three old coupons plus three already redeemed coupons plus a "we're sorry "  extra coupon to use immediately. So, using new math, 12 coupons = 16 classes.  :S

As far as I know I'm still going to get the other pattern. I checked and that company is selling and shipping patterns and fabric. :devil:

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:32:12 AM by Renegade Sewist »

UttaRetch

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 11:51:25 AM »
My old Craftsy log in is now inactive, but I can sign in with one of my google accounts and have to do so on both my mobile and desktop in order to watch - won't play if I only sign in on my desktop because of my 'outdated browser'.

Kwaaked

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 12:19:46 PM »
My renewal this year is only the 9 classes.  I missed the first 3 when I renewed because it was part of my 12 from the year before...so I am like, whatever.

Marniesews

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 12:38:55 PM »
Unfortunately I can't find a page with a Crafts/Explore option @Renegade Sewist - not on the home page nor if I click the Every Class free Free Watch Now link which gives me a filter box along the left hand side and only a Paper craft option.

Don't worry, I won't be subscribing as it's just not good value for me. When I'm busy with the dance dresses there may not be time for me to watch over several consecutive months. Buy to own is the only sensible option so a free access week is very useful, especially at the moment when theoretically I've lots of time to spare. Strangely the days are moving much faster this week, not sure why so I'm glad of the extension to the 16th.

I have 32 classes which greatly surprises me although the vast majority were bought during the Craftsy sale periods and my two most recent were free credits when I couldn't get a couple of Janet Pray classes to open. In the last couple of free access weeks, I've taken lots of notes and screenprints where I didn't feel the total content justified purchase. I do try to be a canny lass!  ;)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »
I have 32 classes which greatly surprises me although the vast majority were bought during the Craftsy sale periods and my two most recent were free credits when I couldn't get a couple of Janet Pray classes to open. In the last couple of free access weeks, I've taken lots of notes and screenprints where I didn't feel the total content justified purchase. I do try to be a canny lass!  ;)

I don’t have many classes and I’m certainly not subscribing.  When there’s been free weeks I’ve looked at several classes I’ve thought I’d like.  Some were so dire I’m glad I didn’t pay for them.  Janet Pray classes were good.   But I’d  like to just buy what I want or need. 

maliw

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 17:16:11 PM »
It only gives me 8 free videos  the rest are all subscribe in the sewing section - I don't think so. I too will resort to the good old fashioned way - a book.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 04:49:28 AM »
Well it sounds like I got everybody's free to own classes. I'll try to put them to good use.  ;)

While I do enjoy watching the sewing classes I'm not compelled to own most of the garment classes. I do well enough at that on my own to the level I aspire to. Besides I've taken classes in real life from many of the instructors. Interesting to see which ones are the same on video as they are in real life. Not always a good thing either.  :S

There are a couple of Darkside classes I might get but mostly it's some of the art classes that are stellar. Some jewelry classes as well. I'm trained as a silversmith. Find some of the wire wrapping lovely and accessible without having a full studio set up. I'd like to play with that.

I'm going to try to do a lot of playing and exploring of some of those "someday when I have time" activities over the next few months. Fully expect to be at home at least through June.

Helen M

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 14:18:07 PM »
Apparently it's noe been extended until 16 April.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55