The Sewing Place

Sew your own Mary Quant Georgie dress

sewmuchmore

Sew your own Mary Quant Georgie dress
« on: April 13, 2020, 16:52:16 PM »
The V&A have a free download pattern for the iconic Mary Quant Georgie dress, you can find it here
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

Re: Sew your own Mary Quant Georgie dress
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 19:27:09 PM »
I went to the Quant exhibition and have downloaded the Georgie dress.  I was hoping to restart sewing this year, but the sewing room is further away than ever.  :(

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 20:20:36 PM »
I was hoping to restart sewing this year, but the sewing room is further away than ever.  :(

I know the feeling @UttaRetch . Unforeseen obstacles keep materializing. Such as the focus on now being a hunter gatherer. (Grocery & prescription acquisition) Then starting a home based agrarian society.  (Small veg garden) Soon I hope to begin the industrialized society. (Sewing nook) My tech sector is doing well. (Streaming all sorts of videos.)*

*obviously an abundance of unstructured time on my hands.  ><
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lizzy777

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 20:23:25 PM »
Thanks for posting the link @sewmuchmore.

I never realised Mary Quant is 90 years old.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 20:51:06 PM »
Wow nice pattern and it goes up to size 22! I see that there's a downloadable mini dress too.
I don't know if Mary Quant originated the mini but she certainly made it popular. I remember when mini dresses arrived in the 1960s and we were amazed that C&As advertised dresses at a daring four inches above the knee.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 21:31:05 PM »
@Renegade Sewist, I thought my sewing room would be up and running in February (hopeless utopian dreamer that I am), but the renovation timetable slipped following the Christmas break, my builder was laid low with sciatica and is only now beginning to get around with the aid of one crutch, but the kicker is that the flooring supplier closed before the order could be made.  With luck, I will start on a new winter coat with the aim of finishing in 2021.