The Sewing Place

Savage Coco-Presto! PopoverTop

b15erk

Savage Coco-Presto! PopoverTop
« on: May 06, 2017, 09:08:16 AM »
This  is going to be one of those 'Why is it' sort of posts, so apologies in advance.

Why is it that I've made this pattern twice before - with no problems, that it gives me grief on this one?

I bought the fabric last week, and decided that this was what I wanted to make.  It's a great pattern for work, and really simple.  Unless, you choose striped, very thin, not a lot of stretch, fabric.  :(   The overlocker also hated it, as it kept curling at the edges.  There are also 3 areas at the front join, which have had to be stabilised because when pulling out the basting, tiny holes appeared in the fabric!  :o

I also decided to line the back with nude mesh as it was very fine, and I'm glad I did.

The top is now finished (see pics below), but unlike the others I've made, feels tight, especially the arms.  Good job it's for work.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

UttaRetch

Re: Savage Coco-Presto! PopoverTop
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 09:55:26 AM »
I think you have answered your own questions, Jessie.  The fabric choice nearly did for you.  0_0

Fabric Lover

Re: Savage Coco-Presto! PopoverTop
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »
What a shame it feels tight, the fabric looks great from the photo. Still, lesson learnt?
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)