The Sewing Place

Husqvarna Mega Quilter

Acorn

Re: Husqvarna Mega Quilter
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »
It came with some thread in it, so I was able to check immediately that it worked.

Then I rethreaded it and it wouldn't work...  :o ... it was only when I figured out how to use the needle threader that I realised that I had threaded it from right to left, as with my Featherweight, but this one wants to be threaded from the left to right.

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »
I'm sure things pick up these smells from the air and surroundings.  I have a sewing machine that a friend very kindly gave to me when mine was undergoing a lengthy repair.  The machine and the case stank of either fabric softener or cheap perfume - it took months for it to go away.
Have you ever noticed that paper money stinks of cheap perfume?  I don't know if its the same with plastic notes, I hope not.
Life's too short for ironing.

Elnnina

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 11:08:47 AM »
Ooh Acorn, when are we going to see a photo of your new toy, and then what are you planning to make with this machine?

I believe you may have a conservatory, so why not put the machine and all its bits and bobs including the manual out there and have as many doors and windows open as possible, it is just possible that real fresh air will over-ride the current fabric softener/Febreeze  lingering smell and really no one can object to real fresh air, especially if it is from a mountain or possible sea breezes - you have nothing to lose.

Have fun with this machine.

Acorn

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 18:24:54 PM »
Here she is @Elnnina:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I suspect the first thing I will do on her is the May BOM!  The presser foot appears to be 1/4 inch, and it also has 1/4 inch markings, so my seams should have twice the chance of being accurate...

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 18:47:52 PM »
Good luck with that!  :D
I have belt and braces....needle set and markings....and I still f**k up :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Elnnina

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 11:11:28 AM »
That looks like a huge machine Acorn, do hope it will fill your needs.  Whilst I am not a quilter, I do understand the need for clear markings on the needlebed for guiding the fabric through a machine, and I also happen to have a 1/4" patchwork foot with a guide piece on the side - so I will be ready for when I want to dabble.

I do hope this machine is all that you were wanting and hopefully more.  Now just enjoy.

Celia

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 14:55:05 PM »
Looks great in really good condition, hope you have fun with it

Gernella

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »
They are so solid they remind me of a tank compared with the other machines.  Did you get the table with it @Acorn.

Very clean though, looks like new.  Enjoy.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2020, 10:47:06 AM »
It came with the extension table, although I haven't actually taken it out of the box yet.  It certainly is solid - I'm not going to be moving this one anywhere by myself!

Sara-S

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2020, 14:12:04 PM »
Enjoy the machine!  We look forward to seeing what you sew with it!
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Gernella

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »
I've been thinking about this machine at the weekend, it only has the soft cover, which is fine normally but with new puss climbing on everything, I frequently find it lopsided  where feet have been on.  I had looked for a cover but all just fabric.  So I've decided to get DH busy, assuming he has the wood, to make me a box cover for it.  Doesn't have to be fancy and once that's on it won't get bothered, the other machines don't.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sara-S

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2020, 14:30:49 PM »
If your hubby makes a wood cover or case for it, will you please post some pics?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:41:05 AM by Sara-S »
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Gernella

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2020, 13:32:07 PM »
Many years ago, he made made me a an oval wooden box to keep bags of used cat litter in to save me carting it downstairs and having to  go out to the dustbin (long walk and I think it was winter).   He's not bad at woodwork but a bit utilitarian with it.  Only pretty bit was  the nice handles it had at each end.  Very heavy but was fine until I got something better, a proper litter locker, which are nice looking and I have since found will take liners used for nappy bins.  I don't think he's notice because it's still in the sewing room (storage is storage).

I'n not expecting much, just a box type cover with a handle on top will do.  I can always glue something to it to cover up.  He's not mentioned it since other than asking how big.  If he does have the wood he'll disappear to the garage. Only thing that does worry me is that he might use the  band saw and the damage that could do to him doesn't bear thinking about.

Acorn

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2020, 17:26:28 PM »
Aaagh!   :headbang:

I want to get a walking foot for my Megaquilter.  I found what I think is the correct foot on the Sew Essential website, labelled as being for the Janome 1600P QC.  I contacted them to check before ordering it, and they replied that you cannot put a Janome foot on a Husqvarna machine because feet are never interchangeable between brands, that Viking has confirmed this, and that feet are no longer made for the Megaquilter.

Well, my 1/4 in foot is branded Janome, and, as I understand it, the Janome1600P QC and the Husqvarna Megaquilter (and the Pfaff Grand Quilter) are identical machines, made in the same factory at the same time with only a few cosmetic differences.

Can someone just back me up on this while I go looking elsewhere for a Janome 1600P QC walking foot?

Efemera

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2020, 17:39:49 PM »
Is it just a standard low shank machine or is it an odd shank?..