The Sewing Place

PDF Pattern printing

sewmuchmore

PDF Pattern printing
« on: April 03, 2020, 09:58:34 AM »
Fabricate in Mirfield West Yorkshire now do large scale printing of PDF patterns. You may want to buy some fabric whilst you are visiting the site  ;)
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

Re: PDF Pattern printing
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
Get thee behind me :devil:   0_0

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 16:38:47 PM »
The Avidseamstress also does AO pattern printing, not just their own.

https://www.theavidseamstress.co.uk/collections/a0-sewing-pattern-printing
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 01:10:46 AM »
I'm bumping up this thread as I've got to get some of the pdfs printed that I've collected (somewhat unwillingly) over the last couple of years!!!  :|

I'm trying Flamingo Prints on a friend's recommendation. They offer sturdy paper as standard (my favoured option) but will print on tissue if requested asked. They also sell A0 sheets of tissue weight paper so you can trace off the whole sheet if you wish to. £5 for 6 sheets of A0.

Pattern prints are £2 for AO in colour, £1.50 in B+W. Postage = £1.50.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 08:45:28 AM »
Burda tracing paper is much cheaper.. 5 sheets at least double A0 for around £3.

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 09:04:43 AM »
It's quite difficult to trace off a pdf though...  ;) 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

annieeg

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 09:21:01 AM »
I've just ordered an AO pdf from a printing company which @UttaRetch mentioned.  I'll give feedback when the pattern arrives.

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 10:18:46 AM »
It's quite difficult to trace off a pdf though...  ;)
Just one more reason why I am not a fan of the pdf format.

Marniesews

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 17:14:35 PM »
Burda tracing paper is much cheaper.. 5 sheets at least double A0 for around £3.

You're right @Efemera. :rolleyes: I didn't check the dimensions properly although I used that myself until I found the Prym rolls, both very good for tracing.

The only benefit that occurs to me of using commercial pattern tissue (which is how it was described to me so taking that on trust) is for tissue fitting. It tears easily but drapes far better for the purpose of fitting.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 16:07:04 PM »
I have just received my second order from Flamingo Prints UK and have to say how impressed I am with their service. On both occasions, I have ordered one day and received the pattern sheets the very next day! The first time it happened I thought that it might be a fluke, but no. Such good service. A nice weight of paper, and clear coloured lines, too. I am very happy.

You can check out their prices, etc, here:

https://flamingoprints.co.uk/product/pattern-printing/

HTH

Marniesews

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 17:18:53 PM »
I've found Flamingo Prints quick too @ClareInStitches and very easy to use their online uploading. My only problem was with my last one when the postman scraped it through the letter box (quite a strong spring) and it ripped through the plastic posting bag and damaged the paper in a couple of places. It's not been a common problem with all the stuff that comes in even thinner clear wrappers that I've ever noticed - I didn't complain but I might suggest she considers a slightly thicker grade of bag if it happens again.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 09:09:10 AM »
An article written by Sewstainability on her blog re pattern printing, comparing different company's. here
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

annieeg

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 08:29:25 AM »
An article written by Sewstainability on her blog re pattern printing, comparing different company's. here
Thank you @sewmuchmore this is a very useful and helpful link

Ellabella

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 10:47:59 AM »
I’m planning to have several printed to keep down postage costs,

I’ve always stuck them together myself but have decided life is just too short now.  I aim to get ones done that I know I will use for both myself and my DD, then I can keep them as a master copy and just trace off the size I need.

I was going to use Flamingo prints but might have to give Plan Printing 24 a try.

Thanks @sewmuchmore very useful article.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 12:14:15 PM »
Very useful @sewmuchmore