The Sewing Place

PDF Pattern printing

coffeeandcake

Re: PDF Pattern printing
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 20:30:37 PM »
Thank you for the link @sewmuchmore. Like @Ellabella I've always stuck pdfs together myself but recently decided enough was enough. I used Fabric Godmother for the first time following a TSP recommendation and was happy with the quality of paper, printing and service. I will look at some of the suggestions on the link the next time I need some printing though.

Gernella

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 20:48:30 PM »
By the time I'd got one stuck together I could have lost two days sewing, if I was lucky.  Getting it done for you is a no brainer @coffeeandcake
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ellabella

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 11:46:59 AM »
Ive just received my first patterns from

https://flamingoprints.co.uk/

and am very pleased.

4 A0 pages in colour cost £9.50

The printing is clear and the size is correct, the paper seems a good weight.

I intend to use these as masters and trace off the sizes I need.

Gernella

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 15:10:18 PM »
Just think, first time I ever had it done, I had to use a professional printer, I think they charged £15 for one sheet.  Now everybody has jumped on the bandwagon.  We have created a whole new industry.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Flobear

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 10:51:21 AM »
I have resurrected this thread because I have ordered a couple of pdf patterns* and would like to get them printed for me.

As a complete novice in this dept. I have what is probably a really daft question  :ninja:
Do you have the pattern printed with all the sizes so you then trace off what you need or just ask for the size you want?

*@Ploshkin's fault, she mentioned Itch to Stitch - good thing we don't meet up too often!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2022, 11:23:57 AM »
@Flobear  Someone will know better than me but I think it depends on the PDF.  Some have layers that can be turned on and off so you can select certain sizes.

Although I always cut out printed tissue patterns I mostly trace off the size I want with PDF patterns.  (Burda pattern paper is your friend here).
Life's too short for ironing.

misschris

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2022, 00:23:36 AM »
As Ploshkin said, some have layers, some don't. (ITS do.)

It's also dependant on your printer. Some companies will toggle the layers for you, others will only print the whole thing as is. Be mindful too, of the cost of printing in colour as opposed to B&W. It's usually much cheaper to get B&W plan prints. Some printers not familiar with sewing patterns will see A0 and colour and assume its a colour poster print. The difference in price for me is $4.30/$32.00 per page!!

I really like Itch to Stitch patterns, they're well drafted and have good instructions.

Gernella

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2022, 19:01:08 PM »
https://fabulosew.co.uk/

These do A4 pages as well I got 37 A4 pages for £12.95 plus £1.65 postage, £1 extra for a nice pattern envelope.

Tamnymore

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2022, 21:39:55 PM »
I've had a lot of Stylearc pdf patterns printed in large format and in colour by Patternsy - they charge £5 for printing a Stylearc and they are really quick and efficient. Always very pleased with the result. Stylearc doesn't do the layers thing on its pdf but I see that Fibremood does.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ploshkin

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2022, 19:02:10 PM »
This thread started with a mention of Fabricate.
I've just ordered 3 pdfs to be printed, 2 A0 sheets each.  £4.50 per pattern + £2.00 first class postage for all three.  I thought that was good.  They are printed on paper, not tissue.  I have used them before and been happy and the ordering / downloading process is easy.  A couple of places I've tried have left me scratching my head.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2022, 09:29:32 AM »
@Ploshkin Glad you are happy with Fabricate, Phillipa always goes the extra mile, she has enlarged and printed a couple of quilt patterns for me. Shame she will be closed by the end of the year.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ploshkin

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2022, 14:46:07 PM »
Nooo!
I've tried using several others but it isn't always straightforward to specify the pages you want or work out how much it is going to cost.  This one is so easy.

Tamnymore

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2022, 15:03:55 PM »
Patternsy is still going strong @Ploshkin, charges about the same and are good at interpreting my sometimes vague instructions so if Fabricate are closing you'll be fine with them.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde