The Sewing Place

Unfinished objects... UFOs

Michelle

Unfinished objects... UFOs
« on: April 05, 2020, 06:56:08 AM »
Hi, is anyone working on crocheted or knitted projects that have been abandoned? I've been tidying my studio, found a lot of crochet projects that I've started, so I'm making it my mission to finish them.

This week I've been working on completing a deer that I started 3 years ago, which is so embarrassing. It was meant to be a Christmas present for my son; the deer had a head and body and 2 different sized front legs.

After nearly a week of working on it, It now only needs 2 hind legs. I've made everything else and constructed it (the ears and tail had 2 elements, outer and inner; there were also 6 body markings and eye markings to make). I'm going to attach the front legs when I've made the hind legs.   I aim to finish it today. It has made me more determined to finish other projects. There will be a huge amount of satisfaction when I finish it.

Efemera

Re: Unfinished objects... UFOs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 08:30:43 AM »
Love to see some pictures...

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 08:53:10 AM »
Goodness, you must have some patience to crochet all those bits and sew them together.  I think i'd  lose the will to live!
Life's too short for ironing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 09:48:23 AM »
Last week I unravelled the cardigan I had almost finished from over 4 years ago - I started sewing it together and then realised it wasn't going to fit me.  I don't do hand knitting usually, as it takes me months to knit anything, so it was a bit sad undoing it all, but it will knit up beautifully on the chunky knitting machine, when I get round to it.  I have a Big Plan for it, which involves some other colours too...

Ann

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 12:47:20 PM »
I don't have any UFO's in the knitting department. I do knit daily testing doll patterns. That keeps me busy and on a timeline. If the pattern testing slows down, I will get out some of my other yarn and knit up a few items and put in a bin for gifts later on.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Michelle

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 08:14:42 AM »
Last week I unravelled the cardigan I had almost finished from over 4 years ago - I started sewing it together and then realised it wasn't going to fit me.  I don't do hand knitting usually, as it takes me months to knit anything, so it was a bit sad undoing it all, but it will knit up beautifully on the chunky knitting machine, when I get round to it.  I have a Big Plan for it, which involves some other colours too...
I feel your pain. I tried knitting a sock once it was the first and last time using 4 needles and I only got as far as the heel.  :'(

Michelle

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
Thanks for all your comments, I'll post pictures when it's all finished. The front legs are now sewn on and I only have one hind leg to make. The only problem is that my daughter wants one x

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 09:03:40 AM »
I came across a knitted cardigan started about 7 yrs ago which needed to be sewn together.   It's above hip length which I think is too short but I will finish it and keep it as a scruffy cardigan for watching telly in the evenings.
Also picked up on the toddler cardi started   last year which needs the other sleeve and border doing.  Need to get a push on with that before my great neice  grows out of it.
I knit in the evenings which helps me keep off the wine!   :|
  • bec likes this