The Sewing Place

My Wedding Dress

Lachica

Re: My Wedding Dress
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2021, 18:44:18 PM »
Ouch @charlotte, that must have been difficult for you. I'm glad I'm not the only one to not spot their child's curvature! My daughter's was, I think, 13°, but I suppose it depends which way it's curving as to whether it's easily noticeable. The Chinese hospital also found scoliosis in her fiancé. Their medicals for their health insurance were incredibly detailed and took a whole day with probably a lifetime's worth of x-ray dosage. I suspect a lot of us sail through life blissfully unaware of several medical 'problems'.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2021, 19:09:57 PM »
That's looking good, you are so clever  :)

toileandtrouble

« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2021, 22:45:05 PM »
It is lovely.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of you wearing it.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

nototie

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2021, 16:16:56 PM »
That looks amazing @charlotte!

Greybird

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2021, 23:29:29 PM »
Dress is looking beautiful @charlotte . Clever girl!

charlotte

« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2021, 12:49:51 PM »
A productive weekend: I sewed on my buttons and pinned all my lace to the bodice. Now for many many hours of hand sewing to get them stitched into place!

I'm currently trying to decide whether the waistband should be similarly embellished or left plain. I was going to piece the lace from the smaller border of the lace fabric, but I tend to look best in dresses with an obvious waistband so I think plain might provide a good contrast.

b15erk

« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »
That is stunning Charlotte!  You must have a lot of patience.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Greybird

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2021, 13:16:18 PM »
It's beautiful! I think a plain waistband would look nicer - it won't detract from the lace on the bodice. What kind of lace is it?

Ellabella

« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2021, 13:32:52 PM »
That’s absolutely beautiful, what a wonderful achievement.

Lachica

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2021, 14:04:16 PM »
That's beautiful. I'd go for a plain waistband as the lace is so intricate.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Elnnina

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2021, 14:38:49 PM »
Charlotte this dress is going to look absolutely stunning, well done on what you have achieved already, now enjoy the hand sewing - this can be very therapeutic.  I  also think the plain waistband would look nice, why not make two up one plain and one with the lace, and then see what you think when the rest is ready.

charlotte

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2021, 14:45:11 PM »
It's beautiful! I think a plain waistband would look nicer - it won't detract from the lace on the bodice. What kind of lace is it?

I’d probably call it an imitation Alençon. It’s described as a “heavily beaded and corded embroidered lace on a tulle background”. You can see it here. It’s great because they sell matching motifs and trim separately, which saved a lot of money over having to cut out the motifs from the fabric!

Silver Rose

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2021, 15:13:29 PM »
Gorgeous.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2021, 15:18:29 PM »
Wow, I would have neither the patience nor the dexterity to sew all that  by hand.

BriarRose

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2021, 16:39:21 PM »
What a pleasure it is to follow your wedding dress journey. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. :grouphug:
It's just fabric. We can out-think it.