The Sewing Place

My Wedding Dress

grannysyb

Re: My Wedding Dress
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2021, 19:47:32 PM »
The dress is absolutely stunning, very well done.

charlotte

« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2021, 16:37:08 PM »
Charlotte your wedding dress is just so beautiful, stunning in fact.  Out of curiosity I see glimpses of your dress stand through the dress, and it looks as if it is patterned roses? - any chance we can have a photo of the naked stand please, and did you make the cover for this?

It's a Bootstrap custom-size dress form. It was a proper pain in the bum to make if I'm totally honest, but totally worth it, especially for lockdown self-fitting purposes. I have a very short back waist measurement, so find it very difficult to adjust/pad standard forms to my size.

Elnnina

« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2021, 16:48:24 PM »
Thanks Charlotte - it is such a pretty cover so much nicer than the usual covers.  So glad it is useful for you especially now with all the wedding clothes to make and fit.  Keep up the good work.

charlotte

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2021, 10:16:01 AM »
Pictures of ME IN MY DRESS!

I am very happy with it apart from the back button bands not sitting straight. I have a slight adjustment to make on the shoulder seams, which I hope will help, and I will experiment with different types of boning. Again, that will have to wait until I have someone to button me in (October, when my mum visits). Worst case scenario solution is lowering the back neck, but I hope it won't come to that. It was fine on the toile, but I think the tulle is just not strong enough to hold itself up.

Lachica

« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2021, 10:33:11 AM »
That's absolutely stunning. You look beautiful & should be very proud of yourself.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Gernella

« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2021, 10:35:05 AM »
Absolutely gorgeous @charlotte something I would never dare make.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

b15erk

« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2021, 10:53:44 AM »
Amazing work @charlotte !  That is a beautiful, beautiful dress!  <3

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2021, 11:15:20 AM »
Absolutely stunning.  I was worried those bridesmaids dresses were too pretty, but they have no hope of outshining that dress of beauty.
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Silver Rose

« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2021, 11:21:56 AM »
Absolutely beautiful, you are so talented.
Still learning

Ploshkin

« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2021, 11:27:26 AM »
I'm speechless @charlotte .  Just beautiful.  Thankyou for giving us a sneak preview.
Life's too short for ironing.

realale

« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2021, 11:37:19 AM »
Wow! Just wow!  :loveit:
So many beers, so little time.

Nevis5

« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2021, 13:43:11 PM »
Both you and the dress are just beautiful  <3 <3

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2021, 17:07:19 PM »
Fabulous! :perfect10:

Iminei

« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2021, 17:08:00 PM »
Exquisite and totally unique ..... Brava!!!  :VV:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Elnnina

« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2021, 17:38:36 PM »
Oh so very beautiful Charlotte, so very well worth all the trouble you have taken and what beautiful sewing as well.  You should be very proud of your achievement