The Sewing Place

Brother innovis v3 error code

sewmuchmore

« on: April 06, 2020, 17:08:30 PM »
Today I keep getting the error code iic-sensor-up-unit on my machine, which then asks you to switch machine off and then back on again. It will resume the embroidery design where it left off but obviously needs sorting. As there are no repair shops open near me I am wondering if anyone else has had this code.
I am assuming it is something to do with the needle up/down sensor and wondered if you know how to get into the machine to perhaps clean the sensor.
I have searched online but cannot find anything.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

fajita

Re: Brother innovis v3 error code
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 00:58:12 AM »
Sorry, no idea. Have you tried looking up your dealer on Facebook, he might have a thread to ask questions. If not, try searching Facebook for Brother V3, and trying the helpline. Best of luck. @sewmuchmore

fajita

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 13:35:13 PM »
Did you get this sorted, @sewmuchmore ?

My V3 sewed THROUGH the plastic hoop yesterday. Through it. There’s a line of stitch holes in the plastic, the flat bit near the slide in edge.  :'(  Broke a needle.  :o

Still seems to work though.  0_0

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 17:28:55 PM »
@fajita I did email Brother uk and also the store I bought it from but got no reply. I did give the machine a good clean, including taking of the casing, OMG all those wires, thinking there would be a big sign saying "this is the bit that is faulty", I wish. swished the brush around a bit and put it all back together. So far so good I haven't had the message since.

Janet

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 16:54:19 PM »
Bloody hell i have started to get the machine malfunction message again. What a waste of £100 for a service. I took it in and specifically asked him to get this sorted. Makes me wonder if he actually did anything with the machine  :angry:, and of course with lockdown again he cannot be contacted.
It doesn't look as if i am going to get it sorted anytime soon. I have contemplated buying a new machine and  selling the old one once it is mended but every body seems to have a 6 week waiting period for a new one.  :boohoo:
Perhaps i should have put this on the rant thread.

Janet

fajita

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 21:32:04 PM »
Sorry, so annoying for you, @sewmuchmore

I’d love to offer you the solution. Unfortunately I know nothing.  :facepalm:

Good luck.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 09:41:40 AM »
Have you tried ringing/looking through the files on Lords Sewing website????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewmuchmore

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 18:09:27 PM »
Have you tried ringing/looking through the files on Lords Sewing website????
I emailed them yesterday and have just got this reply

"Hi Janet
The error message you are seeing on your V3
iic-sensor-unit-up is usually associated with one of the electronic control boards in the machine.
It is not something that the user can repair.
We are still operating mail order and repairs. If you have the original packaging for the machine we can arrange for a courier to collect and return the machine from you. It will be £30 each way plus the cost of the repair."

Firstly i don't have the original package and secondly they cannot say how much the repair will be. As i mentioned i have already spent £100 for someone to supposedly fix this.
I did take the cover of the machine again yesterday and swished the brush around and today i have been running it for 5 hours with no problems. I am hoping it is just a blib that occurs now and again and possibly a bit of dust on the circuit board.
Once lockdown is over i am going to contact the repair man who was supposed to have fixed this and tell him i am not happy.

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 21:30:31 PM »
@sewmuchmore if it’s to do with the electronics then it can go at any time.  I know from all th things we used to deal with.  It’s possible to send a machine back working fine only for it to go. 

sewmuchmore

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 09:37:47 AM »
Well this morning over brecky he was asking how long i had had the machine "9 years" and how much did you pay "£2000" well you have certainly had your moneys worth and once the computery bits start to play up then one thing will lead to another.
Is this his way of telling me to get a new machine? I don't need any encouragement on that score  :dance:

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 10:04:04 AM »
@sewmuchmore well I completely agree with him.  Nine years is quite a long time for a machine.  And yes it’s time you had another one. 
(Whispering here )....Does that help? :)  :)

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2021, 12:47:28 PM »
Well this morning over brecky he was asking how long i had had the machine "9 years" and how much did you pay "£2000" well you have certainly had your moneys worth and once the computery bits start to play up then one thing will lead to another.
Is this his way of telling me to get a new machine? I don't need any encouragement on that score  :dance:

That would be my interpretation!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2021, 19:19:22 PM »
Well i have done another panel today (4 hours sewing) without any problems at all, no malfunctions, nothing.

Janet

Sara-S

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 11:46:51 AM »
Glad it's working at this point. But it probably is time to start shopping.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Gernella

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 13:20:47 PM »
If DH said that to me over breakfast @sewmuchmore  by lunchtime I would have bought it, for the simple reason that I always know what the next one will be and will have done the research just in case I have a mechanical death.

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included