The Sewing Place

Important!! How to resize your Pics!!!

Efemera

Re: Important!! We need you all to read this.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 16:34:11 PM »
I have a free blog with blogspot. I write posts on there and upload the pictures to blogspot.

http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.com/

I then link the pictures from the blog into my posts here on TSP (mostly).
I do occasionally attach but I'll try not to do that anymore.

I stopped blogging when I got my IPad ...just can’t be bothered getting the laptop out. There’s no App for Blogger... there used to be but for some reason they discontinued it.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2020, 16:49:06 PM »
I take pictures on my tablet, gmail them to myself and they arrive small, Then I can save them to my desktop and use them where I want.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Acorn

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2020, 17:39:42 PM »
@Efemera Excellent!!   :D  (Must do something about getting a thumbs up smiley...)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2020, 17:49:07 PM »
I now have a great excuse not to post photos @Iminei  :devil: :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 18:28:52 PM »
Don't count your chickens @Lowena - you know that where there's an @Iminei there's a way.   :P

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2020, 18:51:43 PM »
Android phones and tablets have settings on them to reduce the default file size of photos but most people don't even know to look for them. I expect i-ones do as well.

OMG!!! @Flobear ! You mean I'm not the only person on the planet who knows this? Unless people routinely entertain their friends showing their travel photos on a giant screen TV the image size is insane.

Every device has an instruction manual. They're all online if you prefer. Or Peeps can Google how to do it on their specific device.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ellabella

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2020, 18:53:17 PM »
I’ve always added photos as an attachment because I can’t work out how to add an image on my ipad.  I’ve always selected the small image option but if it’s going to be a problem I’ll just have to stop posting pics.

Iminei Doesn't like this
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:17:59 AM by Iminei »

UttaRetch

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2020, 19:12:00 PM »
@Flobear and @Renegade Sewist, guilty as charged but in my defence the phone is for taking quick snaps.  A camera is what you need for serious photography.

Acorn

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2020, 19:14:29 PM »
@Ellabella I'm sure that the small option is likely to be fine.

Helen M

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2020, 19:36:15 PM »
I take pictures on my tablet, gmail them to myself and they arrive small, Then I can save them to my desktop and use them where I want.

I do the same on tablet and phone.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Flobear

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2020, 19:38:59 PM »
I far prefer to use a proper digital camera for photography which is why I know a bit about file sizes etc. I have to say tablets and phones can be very convenient but I was astonished at the huge file sizes I was getting. More so because the size and quality needed for viewing on a small screen - including a laptop - is really quite small. I go for around 600 kb.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2020, 21:02:10 PM »
@Flobear and @Renegade Sewist, guilty as charged but in my defence the phone is for taking quick snaps.  A camera is what you need for serious photography.

@UttaRetch totally agree.  All the more reason to reduce the size of the pictures one is taking with a device.

What I learned a few years ago by taking a multi week digital camera class is that it's how you use the tool that makes the biggest difference. Apparently most people never look at the manual for anything beyond basic operation. Look at how many people say they've never read through the entire manual for their sewing machines.  ;) Camera users are the same. Phone users, car owners, etc. The list goes on and on.

Sewingsue

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2020, 21:28:19 PM »
One of my problems (apart from being an old technologically challenged numpty) is that modern gadgets like smartphones don't come with instruction books. Any information is online so you have to try and remember it all or print out reams of paper.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2020, 21:42:09 PM »
One of my problems (apart from being an old technologically challenged numpty) is that modern gadgets like smartphones don't come with instruction books. Any information is online so you have to try and remember it all or print out reams of paper.

@Sewingsue not really. You can do that, or just print the one or two pages you need. I just took screenshots of pertinent stuff for my tablet. That is once I read how online.

The easiest way is go to the manufacturer website and look it up or just Google what you need. So far every time someone has done a YouTube video of what I want to do.

It's easier than most of us think. You can do it.  :hug:

UttaRetch

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2020, 08:49:08 AM »
@Sewingsue, I downloaded the pdf manual for my phone and it is 113 pages long, so I get what you mean.  The manual is kept on my desktop for when I need help.