_Ilsee_

Re: I love lace.... continued
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2020, 21:48:28 PM »
That dress is absolutely stunning!
It literally has everything I love, pockets, navy colour and lace  <3

Manuela

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2020, 05:38:13 AM »
Zombie apocalypse dress #8 in cotton eyelet lace bought last year in a special deal from fabric.com.
I amended Tessuti’s Bella dress by adding a slit and grommets at the centre front. He dress is unlined and will be worn with a slip dress.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 05:40:14 AM by Manuela »

Lachica

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2020, 07:17:08 AM »
Stunning! The Queen of Lace :D
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Nevis5

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2020, 08:43:56 AM »
Ooh @Manuela !  I love that!  I have never worn lace but every time you post one of your gorgeous creations I wonder if I could somehow work it into my mundane life.  I like the edginess of this one!  x

snoozi soozi

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2020, 09:19:57 AM »
That looks sensational  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Greybird

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2020, 09:22:31 AM »
So do I - it's lovely. I have a good sized piece of lace that wasn't the right colour when it arrived. I'm wondering if I might break free of my usually narrow style parameters and "do a Manuela"!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
That's gorgeous.  I may need to look for some lace fabric...

mudcat

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2020, 22:11:58 PM »
I bought these at EOS back in  2018 on a  whim because I saw the lace was a cotton blend and the silk chiffon was one of the swatches on the side bar that EOS so kindly includes as a possible pairing.  I have 1.5 yards of the lace and 2 yards of the chiffon. 

yellow lace (cotton/rayon/nylon)
silk chiffon dots (black/yellow)

Not really sure what I'll make with this.  Normally yellow isn't a color that works with my skin tone but because it's more of a mustard tone in person and it will be paired with black I thought I could get away with it. 

I really like the original brown dress Manuela put in the first post of this thread (minus the pockets).  I also pretty much only do sleeveless.  What would you all do with this combo? 

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2020, 22:50:48 PM »
@mudcat personally I'd be doing a wide legged cropped pant out of the lace. Most likely lined but probably only to mid thigh. I'd make a long floaty vest out of the chiffon and wear over a tank top. Channel your inner Stevie Nicks.  ;)

For you a nice comfy tank dress from  the eyelet and the same floaty long vest from the chiffon. Cool but dressy and arty at the same time.  ;)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

mudcat

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2020, 02:50:59 AM »
Thanks Rene.  You lead me to a search for lace dusters.  I think that might work with a sleeveless dress from the chiffon.  It would also lessen the yellow from my face.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 14:24:55 PM by mudcat »

Manuela

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2020, 12:51:34 PM »
I thought about entering this in the current contest, but disqualified mydeslf due to the rather large size of the remnants....
So, here is my denim lace dress, made from leftover fabric from a duster I made 3 years ago (and still wear frequently.
Perforated denim and lace quilted togethr