The Sewing Place

Sew Essential delays

Vezelay

Sew Essential delays
« on: April 16, 2020, 20:36:33 PM »
There's no information about an order I placed 10 days ago with Sew Essential, so I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a similar delay. I know all the online sewing supplies are slow at the moment - and they do say on their website to be patient - so I don't want to hassle them unecessarily. It's just that I'm waiting on cord elastic for face masks for some health professional friends. I have standard narrow elastic but they find the cord more comfortable. (They don't want tie strings either).

classical retro

Re: Sew Essential delays
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
Jaycotts are quoting 14 days for delivery on their site. I’ve also realised that Royal Mail are making fewer letter deliveries. I don’t know if this applies to parcels though.
CR :angel:

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 13:37:35 PM »
I placed an order with Jaycotts a couple of weeks ago and it finally turned up yesterday.  Of course there was Easter in between so I wasn't really expecting it quickly.  I'm just grateful that the Post Office is still working.  I think there are delays in all deliveries.  We certainly only seem to get mail every other day now.

Hopefully your order will turn up soon, @Vezelay xx

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 15:18:49 PM »
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately it will take another week to get here after it's despatched so I'm not holding my breath. But I'll give them a full 14 days before I contact them. I can't find an online stores in Ireland selling it so my friends will just have to make do with what they have for now.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 15:29:08 PM »
So far it has not been bad, I've used Jaycotts two or three times and delivery has been about the same.  I've also ordered some carpet stuff from Ebay, which they said would be here by the 12th April.  I've chased it up just in case.  One place I've ordered from there are now only the two owners there so if it gets in that situation, bound to be delays.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

maliw

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 15:38:14 PM »
I made 2 orders via ebay last week, both gave delivery dates of this week, the one that was going to take longest arrived first and the other arrived today both within the time quoted. Yesterday's delivery was with MyHermes and today was Royal Mail.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Vezelay

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 17:45:13 PM »
I've just received confirmation that my order has been despatched so with a bit of luck it should be here mid-week. :). Thanks Sew Essential!

grannysyb

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 09:18:26 AM »
I ordered some upholstery supplies from Milton's on the 19th and the parcel arrived on the 22nd, brilliant service.