The Sewing Place

Cabin dress from blueprintsforsewing.com

annieeg

Cabin dress from blueprintsforsewing.com
« on: April 19, 2020, 18:09:01 PM »
Has anyone made this pattern.
They do a full bust option so I've bought the pdf version and will have a go at it this week. 
I'll update with feedback should anyone be interested. ;)

sewmuchmore

Re: Cabin dress from blueprintsforsewing.com
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »
I haven't made it but would be interested in your feedback re the pattern as I have her A frame skirt on my to do list.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

annieeg

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »
@sewmuchmore
Put the dress together yesterday and its HUUUUUGE :(
I used the full bust version with size j (46") bust....
BUT I like the dart positions and  the shape at the sides.   I'll put a pleat (stitched down ) in the front to lose the excess and then post a pic of the WIP.

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 11:58:19 AM »
@sewmuchmore
An update on the Cabin Dress - it was enormous so I made a pleat in the centre front which I stitched down.
(see pic)
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
The stitching is  untidy but  its only a toile which will be discarded.
Usually I'm not a fan of grown on sleeves, but in this case they are fine, and the shoulder does have a shape.
I like the shaping at the sides also and when I re-make it (in the right size! :(), I shall add patch pockets at an angle on the front.
I also attach a pic of the back (excuse the bad crossroads at the centre back yoke - it should have been cut on the fold, but I didn't have enough fabric).  I made the back pleat version (there's an option to discard pleat  as the pattern has back darts for shaping).  The yoke sits very well on the back and shoulders.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Overall I like the pattern and will definitely make it again.
This version is destined for the bin because its made in the fabric where the dye runs so much, its marked my sink where a piece of it soaking.  It would be a nightmare to keep it from contaminating other washing :S