The Sewing Place

Style Arc Teddy and Vogue 8499

sewmuchmore

Style Arc Teddy and Vogue 8499
« on: April 23, 2020, 17:36:05 PM »
Today I have finished a pair of trousers, these and a Style Arc Teddy top.
You may remember the first time I made the trousers and reported back that they were extremely wide, I have now reduced the width of the leg by about 8 inch (yes they really were that wide) and feel happier with the 2nd pair. I also put a hem facing on and topstitched and this makes them drape better. Because I have taken so much from the width of the leg it did raise the crotch, they are supposed to be a relaxed fit in this area but they now fit like a proper trouser. If I make them again I will adjust the pattern and go for the relaxed crotch. (if I ever wear them, I am not really a trouser person but have got it into my head that I need some trousers.)
The top is Style Arc teddy

As you all know the instructions on SA leave a lot to be desired but these were appalling. The instructions did not match the drawing I.e. it tells you to sew the interfacing together at shoulders and front and then sew collar onto the top, sew the front seam up and then put facing on. Diagram (and the online video) shows putting collar on then the facing, without the centre seam being sewn up and then once its on sew the centre seam of the top and the facing. Plus the pattern piece for the hem facing does not mention cutting one in fusable but if you look at the list of pattern pieces it says main and fuse.
If you are thinking of making this top I would recommend that you watch the video it makes it all very clear.
I will make this again but will raise the v as it does sit a little low and I will need to wear a cami with it

hope I have done the photo resizing right
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 17:57:05 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

maliw

Re: Style Arc Teddy and Vogue 8499
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 20:44:16 PM »
Lovely. I made the top last summer and had a h--l of a time with the neck, I didn't know there was a video thanks for the heads up.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula