The Sewing Place

Starring role

Catllar

Starring role
« on: May 07, 2017, 13:55:15 PM »
My Singer has a starring role in the posters for a Flamenco show, along with  my hands and one of my dresses!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

KayK

Re: Starring role
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 21:42:04 PM »
OOO! looks good!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 22:11:40 PM »
Well done!  It looks wonderful  :toast:
Willing but not always able :)

Lantana

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 18:57:37 PM »
Congratulations Catllars singer! I wonder if you had such fame in your earier life?

:vintage:

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 20:44:38 PM »
Very impressed - hope it's not gone to your head too much!  :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

sewing in oz

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 08:46:46 AM »
Won't have gone to catllar's head.  But her machine on the other hand... it even has a smiley here!!  :vintage:

Lovely poster (and lovely dress!)  Do you use the vintage Singer to make your costumes or is it a gorgeous sewing room ornament?

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 20:08:35 PM »
I use it to make dresses that don't need  fancy stitches - most of my flamenco stuff has a degree of stretch in it and as my  :vintage: only does straight stitch I don't use it.  The bits of fabric under my hand on the photo are cotton so they were fine on my old lady.

The dress on the dummy is  a flamenco influenced wedding dress , not designed for dancing - all lace and muslin cotton .
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !