The Sewing Place

Ponte knit

Gernella

Ponte knit
« on: April 26, 2020, 10:40:31 AM »
I've only had one outing with this fabric, a dress.  I went with a size 14.  I made in winter and always a bit reluctant to strip off because of the faff,  skirt's are so much easier.  Anyway, in the past Vogue patterns have been a bit on the tight side for me but when I eventually got to have to try on, it was quite loose fitting and needed quite a chunk cutting off.

Is this usual for Ponte Knit?
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ohsewsimple

Re: Ponte knit
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 11:57:57 AM »
Pontes vary but they don’t usually have as much stretch as an ordinary jersey or knit. 

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 13:40:55 PM »
What she said.  I don't sew knits, but a firm ponte is not out of the question.

Manuela

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 14:22:59 PM »
What she said.  I don't sew knits, but a firm ponte is not out of the question.

Same here, but only the non-pilling Nylon/Viscose/Lycra ponts, not the polyester mix.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 10:24:22 AM »
I had a feel yesterday of it, might be next but one on the block.  I don't often wear dresses but I feel there might be big celebrations when lock up ends.   I need to be ready.  I got two lots, one was more scuba ponte and a nice dusky pink.

Best bet, get my clothes off before I've past the point of too much work.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included