The Sewing Place

Atelier 6 (Janome) error code

annieeg

Atelier 6 (Janome) error code
« on: April 29, 2020, 16:45:58 PM »
The bobbin keeps jumping out of the housing and I keep getting an error code "Lo" - I've looked in my manual and can't find a definition.
Does anyone know what this code means?
(I've changed the bobbin several times and its a new needle which is securely in its clamp.)
 :(

Greybird

Re: Atelier 6 (Janome) error code
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 16:58:57 PM »
I can't help with your error code, but have had a problem with my machine this week . The bobbin kept jumping in it's housing. It was fine when full, but as soon as it neared empty the problems started and the stitching was awful. I have cured it though - I tightened the tension screw on the outside of the housing by a small amount, it had worked loose. I have had no further problem. Something to check with yours?

annieeg

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 17:18:58 PM »
Thanks @Greybird
I'll have a look at that, but this is a reasonably new machine and was working fine earlier.  I'm hoping @Iminei might have an idea as she's a maestro on the Atelier   :D

coffeeandcake

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 17:27:51 PM »
@annieeg Have you tried removing the stitch plate and bobbin housing and giving it all a thorough clean?

Kad

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 20:32:20 PM »
The bobbin keeps jumping out of the housing and I keep getting an error code "Lo" - I've looked in my manual and can't find a definition.
Does anyone know what this code means?
(I've changed the bobbin several times and its a new needle which is securely in its clamp.)
 :(
With a Janome that code usually refers to 'overload' and you need to turn off the machine and check thoroughly for tiny scraps of thread caught in the bobbin area. Also check that the bobbin you're using is a 'proper' Janome one - it'll have a 'J' embossed on the central core bit.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 09:29:47 AM »
I would say the bobbin is not a Janome one ...

You can id them, as Kad said the transparent bobbin has a tiny transparent J moulded on the inner spool of the empty bobbin ... almost impossible to see but there you go!

I mark my J bobbins with a red splodge from a permanent marker on the top of them to help me id the correct ones.

Give it (Sorry I dont know if yours is a boy or a girl) some love with a clean and a proper bobbin and Im sure you'll be sewing away again.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Helen M

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 10:42:14 AM »
Also check that the bobbin you're using is a 'proper' Janome one - it'll have a 'J' embossed on the central core bit.

Thanks for the tip @Kad . Have they always had the 'J' on them? I've just checked a brand new one and so it has! I have some that I don't think are so will check when they next are empty.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 11:45:27 AM »

I've checked and it is a Janome bobbin; I've cleaned out under the stitch plate and removed and cleaned under the bobbin housing.
I've changed the needle.
I've rewound a new bobbin (Janome), meticulously following the instructions in the manual and it appears to work!
(Even though I was using a Janome bobbin previously, maybe it wasn't wound on correctly ?)
Thanks to all of you for your help. :D

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 11:57:05 AM »
@Helen M  ... No, the bobbins marked with a J came in some years ago ...

I cant remember exactly when as time has a habit of flying by ... but definitely more than 5 years I'd say.

The name "Janome" (蛇の目) literally means "snake's eye" and was taken from the appearance of the current bobbin design at the time of brand establishment in 1935 when the round bobbin system was the more advanced technology replacing the traditional long shuttle type. As the new round bobbin looked like a snake's eye, Janome was chosen as the company's name.[3]

WikiWoW

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 12:00:11 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Helen M

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 14:20:44 PM »
I'll check out some of my dubious older ones!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73