The Sewing Place

Adjustoform "OLIVIA" - base problem

annieeg

Adjustoform "OLIVIA" - base problem
« on: May 02, 2020, 15:40:05 PM »
I have this dress form which I find very useful.  Originally it was on casters but because of floor space issues, I removed the centre post and base, and just used it sitting on a table top.
However, I now am trying to put it back together and for the life of me, I can see how to secure the post into the base.
It tells you to "push the post into the base" but when I do that its loose.  There is a large washer and nut which I've used to try and secure it but when you pick it up the post moves. 
(sorry if I'm not explaining very well...)
I'm wondering if there's another end piece to the base of the post which I've managed to loose? :thinking:
anyway, if anyone has this dress model, would you mind checking how the post is secured in the base?
Many thanks.
Annie

sewingj

Re: Adjustoform "OLIVIA" - base problem
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 15:51:01 PM »
I`m afraid my Adjustoform is packed away at the moment so I can`t check, but I just wanted to say that I had to get a spare part for it a few years ago and contacted Adjustoform directly and they were really helpful

Update:  unfortunately I`ve just looked on their website and it says they are not working currently because of the virus
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 15:52:55 PM by sewingj »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 17:01:21 PM »
Just looked at mine, but it's got three sticky-out legs, so I presume it's a different fixing...

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 17:03:33 PM »
@sewingj
Thanks for your reply.  I think I found the problem - there was a homeless white clamp which I discovered at the bottom of the storage box which seems to fit in the post just above the Base.   Oddly enough the instructions didn't refer to it which is what confused me. :facepalm: