The Sewing Place

Forum diarys

Penabby

Forum diarys
« on: May 04, 2020, 11:16:09 AM »
I have noticed some members diary threads on a couple fo different areas of the forum. I would like to make a diary to chart my progression but I am not sure what I really want to focus on, I may be a darksider I don't know yet. I want to dabble in all things. Anyway, where should I create my diary if it isn't going to contain just one type of sewing like quilting?
The mind is everything, what you think you become - Buddha.

Acorn

Re: Forum diarys
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:10:14 PM »
I would suggest that you start off in the Members' Diaries here - these tend to be garment-based, but do contain other things. 

If you end up concentrating more on the Dark Side we can move it, or you can start another one over there.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Penabby

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 14:36:01 PM »
thanks @Acorn  :)

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 19:23:32 PM »
I would like to make a diary to chart my progression but I am not sure what I really want to focus on, I may be a darksider I don't know yet. I want to dabble in all things.

@Penabby trust me darling many of us here will help you find your way to the Darkside.  :devil:

Many of us here travel between both realms.  ;)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 19:28:57 PM »
I think I may have a foot diary in both camps. Can't remember.  :[
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 19:35:37 PM »
It's ages since I've put anything in my diary but I will soon. I'm nearly finished making a shirt and I've just cut out a dress from fabric with musical instruments on it. The latter is a darksider fabric but I frequently hijack p&q fabric for wearing purposes - most of it is too nice to leave to you darksiders.  ;)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 20:59:16 PM »
I do find them very useful - probably because I'm so bad at keeping records offline!  I just checked my diary to find the size of the blocks for the quilt I'm planning.  It saved me having to get up, walk 12 feet, and measure one of the blocks!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Penabby

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 07:40:51 AM »
@Penabby trust me darling many of us here will help you find your way to the Darkside.  :devil:

Many of us here travel between both realms.  ;)

Haha @Renegade Sewist. I am actually drawn to the darkside, there is a lot that I like about it, but how many quilts does one actually need?  -<  ;)

Gernella

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 10:16:38 AM »
I'm a bit anal with most things and like playing with pcs so I use Microsoft One Note although Excel is just as good but not as pretty (for me). So my planning:

1.  A page of the different fabrics I have with copied and pasted notes from where I bought on washing etc and how much there is and tag boxes when used

2.  A page showing what I intend to do in the year  and with what fabric   (that can be a bit laughable looking at it at the end of the year)  with tag boxes to clear when done

I've been doing this for a few years now because I was buying fabric when I fancied it or it was cheap and then forgetting I had it.  When I finally had a sort out and re-arrange, the 20 meters I thought I had was nearer 30 and I suspect there is a bit more unaccounted for.

I'm definitely not Darkside, I want it on my back and on my back only, so their planning will be substantially different from mine.

I'm not really into embroidery either although I've seen some fabulous stuff on this site. 

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Penabby

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 17:12:56 PM »
@Gernella I like the idea of being that organised and I would start with all good intentions, but I know I wouldn't keep it up. I admire that you can. Some good tips though, thank you.  :)

Gernella

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 19:57:51 PM »
 :pin:
@Gernella I like the idea of being that organised and I would start with all good intentions, but I know I wouldn't keep it up.

Oh well @Penabby, I regret that there are two things I keep on track, this and my financial planning (it was my job) anything else and I am up to my eyeballs in stuff not done.  Even all the extra time I have  on lockdown has been a rush of activity on a job, followed by inertia.  At least I can do this sat on my bum. ;)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included