The Sewing Place

New Pinny - just for me

datcat23

New Pinny - just for me
« on: May 04, 2020, 23:33:31 PM »
I have made a few of these now, and each one is the new favourite, when I have finished it.  The York Pinafore from Helens Closet

This one is in floral denim from my local fabric store.  I left off the patch pockets, using a inseam pocket from a pair of pants I love.  So the print is unbroken, but I have lovely, usefully deep pockets.  I predict that I will be living in these this winter.

Rosed Pinafore by Dani, on Flickr

Rosed Pinafore by Dani, on Flickr
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Gernella

Re: New Pinny - just for me
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 10:22:05 AM »
That's very posh for a pinny.  I love the deep pockets. I don't wear a pinny normally but around 1990 I had a cooks apron bought for me by the Christmas Santa at work (brown with white stripes) and lovely deep pockets, which are really useful for sticking cloths in.

If I had that one I reckon I would only have it on at Christmas.  Too gorgeous for words.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Happymrsg

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 13:43:35 PM »
I love this pattern, i've made 3 of them, each with the patch pockets. I have made both the necklines.
It's one of my favourite makes.
BTW it's a pinafore dress rather than an apron (pinny)

Celia

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 14:27:45 PM »
This looks great, I am very tempted it might solve my problem in summer when wearing leggings, if I made this in a light weight fabric would it work or does it need the structure of a heavy fabric.

datcat23

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 22:56:16 PM »
This looks great, I am very tempted it might solve my problem in summer when wearing leggings, if I made this in a light weight fabric would it work or does it need the structure of a heavy fabric.

I have seen them made in linen, and its worked very well. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 00:14:25 AM »
Very nice @datcat23:toast: Highly wearable.

Your version is so much nicer than the samples on the site. Why some of these indie designers use adult women standing pigeon toed in poses like a four year old being coy baffles me.  :x Twee just doesn't sell well to the over 40 crowd.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.