Re: Advice on sewing a net curtain
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 13:01:59 PM »
Oooooopppss !!  :o   I just bought it!!!!  :loveit:

Like the top right hand one very much @RosiePosie
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

RosiePosie

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 13:05:07 PM »
Well if you wanted a ready made pair ??? ....... They're full length and spanned the full width of the lounge window iirc.
@Iminei That’s very kind. We have two windows that we need curtains for, one around 100cm wide and 175cm deep and the other one around 200cm wide and the same depth. Would yours be big enough? I would hate to take something that’s of sentimental value to you and then not be able to use it. If you decide you’d rather not part with them, that’s fine, too.

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 13:31:28 PM »
Errrrrrrmmm .... Twiddle thumbs   :|   I seem to have been talking out of my hat!  :|

When I hoisted the 'curtains' out of the airing cupboard they turned out to be a rather lovely open lace bedspread ....

I must have decided, given my views on nets in general, to give the curtains away to the charity.

I'm so sorry ... but if anyone wants a really nice white open lace double bedspread ... I have one available  -<
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 13:42:29 PM »
Haha - I've done that so often... had something in a cupboard, was 100% sure I knew what it was, then wanted it, gone to get it and found it was something completely different.

It adds interest to life I suppose.   :\   :P
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

RosiePosie

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 14:38:06 PM »
@Iminei hahaha, sounds like something I would do. No worries, we have the material anyway, I will botch something together. Thanks for the thought!

So Chic

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 14:44:03 PM »
We live in a single storey dwelling on a fairly busy main road with a lot of walkers, etc. so nets are necessary for us as we sleep in the front but I try to find the plainest possible as I find a lot of the designs too fussy. 
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 17:50:34 PM »
I live on an estate built in the 1980s and am overlooked front and back. I made some ivory lace curtains for all the upstairs widows so I can wander about between bathroom and bedroom, the pattern is a stylised leaf and I think is supposed to be for garments (as I bought it in that bit of the fabric shop). I really like them, but I know they are not everyone's taste.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2020, 04:05:30 AM »
Last nets I had were thrown after my eldest tried to evict a stray cat from the house.
I now have vertical blinds, which  I love. The house faces east/west so there is often sun glare early morning/evening.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 07:54:40 AM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Catllar

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 11:48:00 AM »
I've got nets at our house, but in my defence they prevent stupid birds from trying to fly through the house and they are very fine plain linen - so look quite chic! If we had more sensible birds the drapes would be gone. I don't like scraping dead bird off the window or the terrace - bleurgh.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !