The Sewing Place

Merchant and Mills Top 64

Acorn

Re: Merchant and Mills Top 64
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 18:57:43 PM »
@annieeg On their website the finished measurements show the hips as quite a lot larger than the waist, but the line drawing shows the top as straight up and down.  Which is right?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

jintie

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 19:17:13 PM »
I made up the camber dress, and the hip was huge. Just do a flat measurement first.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 19:19:24 PM by jintie »
Rottweiler with scissors

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 19:29:59 PM »
I can easily alter it, but I'm not inclined to buy a pattern if the line drawing isn't representative of the actual garment.  Or the final measurement table for that matter.  Who knows what else will be different?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

annieeg

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 21:27:08 PM »
@Acorn
The top does fall in a slight A-line when made up.

annieeg

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2020, 11:58:26 AM »
OH has taken a couple of photo's of the top with me wearing it.
I do really like it as its really comfortable!
You'll see the side view makes it look a little tent like but that is partly due to the fabric being a thickish cotton which doesn't drape as well as, say, a viscose (or linen - which is the M&M recommended fabric) would.
I have some dark blue cotton with a white ditsy print which I may use to make the dress version (if I've enough fabric), and I do have some burnt orange linen (bought from M&M) which might also work.
On this shorter sleeved version I made, I think the sleeves are too wide as I didn't taper them in - I think I will do that as it may improve the look;
I think - however - I'll try a toile of the dress first to see.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]