The Sewing Place

Button thru top - any ideas?

Tamnymore

Re: Button thru top - any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 10:03:28 AM »
McCalls do a number of pdfs now but this doesn't seem to have spread to Vogue patterns yet. Also I suspect that pattern sales will be fewer and farther in between at the moment. I haven't seen any on the US sites lately (and they were always having sales before) and they have hiked up their international postal charges too. But these things will all come back in due course, I suppose.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

annieeg

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 10:21:27 AM »
@Tamnymore - Pattern has arrived safely  0_0- thank you
Have ordered some fabric from Immanuels to make a toile and will post my progress.

Tamnymore

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 13:45:14 PM »
Oh good @annieeg . Glad to help!  :D
In days of yore  when the only way to get their stuff was in person I have visited Immanuels, the 'fabric church and have been overwhelmed by the £1 a metre room and so on - though not so overwhelmed that I was prevented from buying armfuls of stuff - I'm never so overwhelmed by fabric that I can't manage to buy something.  :devil:
How are they organising purchasing fabric now? Do you have to see the fabric on their Facebook page and then ring them up with an order?

annieeg

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 13:57:14 PM »
@Tamnymore

I was tempted by a post from @Efemera about £2 per metre viscose, so I've taken the plunge with Facebook for the first time!
I rang Immanels and they advised me to take a picture of the fabric I want from the FB site and send that picture plus the required quantity via the messenger [chat] link. 
You pay by bank transfer or Paypal (they text you the paypal address).
I ordered 4 x 3 metre pieces of viscose at £2 per metre plus £5 postage.  (I didn't think £5 was OTT.)
I've paid and apparently my fabric is being sent out today :D
Sadly for my budget, however, I could become a frequent visitor to their FB shop ;)

Tamnymore

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2020, 14:34:32 PM »
Thanks @annieeg . I might just take a little look......  :devil:

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2020, 19:45:10 PM »
I may have succumbed to a little (not so little) purchase. They are soooo cheap. £2 pm for jersey and viscose. Let's see what appears!