The Sewing Place

Sunday 14th May

Zigzag

Sunday 14th May
« on: May 14, 2017, 07:13:45 AM »
Good morning, the sun is peeping through the clouds here.  Lawn seeds are nice and moist after last night's rain.  Happy Sunday everyone.  :flower:
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

maliw

Re: Sunday 14th May
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 07:28:35 AM »
Morning all, I'm up early for once. Looks like a lovely day here again, well for now anyway as showers are forecast for later. A day to myself today as everyone is occupied elsewhere, now what shall I do? Have a good day everybody.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
Dull and windy here on top of the Pennines....another day of opening and closing locks!

Lyn-J

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
Brilliant sunshine :) :) :)
Gosh, we need weather symbol emojis!
I have a dress to finish today - then on to the Merchant & Mills Workbook.
Lynne

DementedFairy

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »
Pleasantly sunny here, and we're off [in costume] to the Stourport Steampunk Spectacular later today.  There will be teapot racing, a fashion show, all manner of stalls, and general fun.

See you there?
C'est moi!

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »
teapot racing    ????!!!! ><

I have most of the day to myself! Imself has gone off racing in Weymouth (harbour) so am waking up slowly.
The TV seems to be broken, endless wittering on about France ... I think they've tried to carpet the country (in a very nice red) but they seem to have run out after half a courtyard.

So washing out, washing in and then on to something for me .... more on the B&W job I think, I'm starting to put it together.

I have begun the Japanese sewalongathon (I do hope there will be a nice Mount Fuji or cherry tree banner under the contestants posts) first tracing, then cutting out the pattern...I think that's allowed isn't it ??...but Oooh, what a palaver! and the back ache from hunching over !!! Glad its not my day job!

Anyway...First things first...Out with the washing!

Have nice days peeps (I guess many of you will be Mothers dayed to within an inch of your lives today!)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:29:20 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
Hope your teapot wins, DF! We want to see pics of it and the outfits that you and MrsDF are wearing later.

Fortified by a nice cooked brekkie I am ready to face the day....
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

DementedFairy

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
Lol we have no teapot to race I'm afraid, I leave the gadgetry to the wife.  I do hope to take part in a tea duel though, so will probably return with biscuit all down my blouse.
Just selecting the outfits to be displayed...

Now, that Japanese sewalong, the comment about cherry trees has just jogged my memory about something lovely in stash...off I trot!
C'est moi!

Pinkstar

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 13:34:54 PM »
Teapot racing! whats that? running along with a full teapot and first past the line, or as I first imagined you're dressed up as a teapot and have to run a race?

Its my dds birthday today shes 20  :o Where have the years gone?

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 14:59:01 PM »
I think DF has us all wondering what teapot racing is!  Today has been designated as a day of doing nothing, although I did put two blinds up in the summer house earlier on.  We then spent about an hour and a half in the hot tub, our first dip!  By eck, it's nice!  Just a shame we had to get out for lunch as we were hungry.  Beautiful day here too  :D

DementedFairy

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 19:09:13 PM »
Teapot racing [practice runs]

Tea duelling

Steampunk 'Fusion' Belly dancers

I had several requests  for my picture, and entered the fashion show [I was the only one on stage NOT in brown lol]

The missus also got to pose for a photographer.  At least, that's what she SAID they'd been doing.  Hmmmm.  Also met a fab lady who makes the most amazing needle-felted steampunk animals, bumped into several pals and made new ones.  And ate cake.  Not a bad afternoon!

I don't have pics of us taken this afternoon yet, but I went in this outfit

And the missus wore a similar get up to this

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 20:55:36 PM by DementedFairy »
C'est moi!

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 19:16:53 PM »
Wonderful. What an original way to spend an afternoon. Bet yours and Dawn's outfits were the best there.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 19:28:41 PM »
What goes around comes around.

Snowgoose

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 19:34:10 PM »
And the missus wore a similar get up to this
http://i.imgur.com/llz0a9l.jpg

That coat is to die for!!!  I have huge coat envy  :o
'You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.'
Robert Louis Stevenson

UttaRetch

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 19:41:39 PM »
I have the pattern for that coat and DF tells me it's not hard to make. 
What goes around comes around.