UttaRetch

Re: Monday 15th May
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 13:32:16 PM »
Hope the op is not cancelled.  See you when you are 'up and about'.  :flower:
What goes around comes around.

Francesca

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 13:33:50 PM »
Watch out for the birds when your strawberries start ripening or you may find they have the lot.
What variety of tomato have you got?  They can do just fine in pots.  Most tomato problems are caused by erratic watering.  They don't need to be especially wet but the watering needs to be consistent i.e. don't let it get really dry then drown it.  Use a proprietary tomato feed as instructed and pinch out any side shoots that grow where the leaves join the main stem.  The sunnier the spot, the tastier the tomatoes.

I *think* it's a Valencian tomato plant.

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 14:07:05 PM »
Not a variety I know, although google makes it look very interesting.  It appears to be indeterminate, so you don't need to pinch out the side shoots, although you won't hurt it if you do.  It will probably need staking though - but that will be obvious to you as it grows.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sewingsue

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 14:09:39 PM »
I got home at 1.45am after having driven for 7hrs ( with 2 loo stops ) Rain and fog from Exeter westwards, but fortunately dry now. I have a blood test at 2.30pm and my operation at 3.45pm. Hopefully I'll be home this evening  :)
1.45am? 7hrs driving? - Serious respect.
All good wishes for a successful operation.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Ellabella

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 16:25:39 PM »
I got home at 1.45am after having driven for 7hrs ( with 2 loo stops ) Rain and fog from Exeter westwards, but fortunately dry now. I have a blood test at 2.30pm and my operation at 3.45pm. Hopefully I'll be home this evening  :)
Had a good week with my 4 Granddaughters and looking forward to a rest now  :D

Hope everything goes well Lowena and the op does not get cancelled.
Desperately trying to alliterate in North Yorkshire

BrendaP

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 16:49:36 PM »
I saw on FB that you were at Reading - presumably the first of the two stops.

Fingers crossed for you that all goes well at the hospital.  :flower:
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Lowena

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 17:29:54 PM »
Thank you all for your kind thoughts  <3 ( yes, Reading and Taunton were my stops Brenda  :D )
Unfortunately the operation could not be carried out because I had been given the wrong information by Truro hospital ( op due to be done at Penzance ) I should have stopped my warfarin for a week before  -< also, Pz had also been given incorrect information by Truro as to what was to be removed :o
So..... back to the drawing board ( instead of the operating table )  :D
Pizza, wine and an early night for me  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 17:33:33 PM »
also, Pz had also been given incorrect information by Truro as to what was to be removed :o

Sounds like you had a lucky escape there, Low.   :flower: :flower: :flower:

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 17:36:06 PM »
 :D :D I hadn't thought of that Pearl :D

Acorn

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 17:42:44 PM »
... also, Pz had also been given incorrect information by Truro as to what was to be removed :o
:o Ooh-err!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 18:03:52 PM »
Poor you, Lowena. Glad you are managing to keep calm and are staying philosophical.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lowena

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 18:08:13 PM »
:o Ooh-err!

Exactly what my husband said  :D it hadn't really registered with me......but......it could have turned into a scene from a 1960s comedy show  :D

twopence

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 18:24:47 PM »
It's been wet here all day but we visited two caverns which were wet inside!  The forecast is not good for the next couple of days so I think that we'll just get used to being wet.  Having gone down over 150 steps (and back up again) to get to the boat in one cavern and then bent double to get into the other I am now very tired but my hip has done well and that bit of me is not hurting.

Lyn-J

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 18:31:12 PM »
Blimey Lowena! What a mix up!  :o
hope you don't have to wait to long for the correct procedure.
Lynne

Francesca

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 19:22:56 PM »
as to what was to be removed :o

I know I shouldn't laugh and I am in no way comparing you to a pet... but when I took my cat in to the vets they said "ah yes, Ziggy is in for her spaying?" Erm no, he's a boy cat and he's here for a different sort of bit removal! They'd have been very confused if they got too far into the op...