The Sewing Place

Its Saturday!!! 20th May

Iminei

Its Saturday!!! 20th May
« on: May 20, 2017, 07:37:03 AM »
Where are you all????

Its a beautiful day and I woke up early, (been on the laptop for at least an hour and a half) and gradually realised I was Sweat Free!!!! Just saying!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

Re: Its Saturday!!! 20th May
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
Everyone must be having a lie in!
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
Nah - it's not a lie-in until after 9...

We're going to pick up the ring that is my 30th anniversary present this morning (which will then disappear as the anniversary isn't for a couple of months), and find a present for our goddaughter's 21st.  Then it's grocery shopping, and hopefully time to finish my wall hanging/blind thingy with the jugs on it.

The sun isn't shining, for the first time in days.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »
Yes but we are up now! Had a very busy day yesterday visiting the Hepworth Museum in Wakefield - well.worth a visit.  Walked off my feet so a quiet day today.
Managed to snag some nice batik fabric in Samuel Taylor's in Leeds reduced from £6  to  £2 pm. I always think that Leeds Market is cheaper than  ST but they do have some good sale bargains from time to time.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 08:56:22 AM »
No lie-in for me, I'm in work!  Sun is shining, and we're thinking about a run-over to Southport later, meeting up with DD, SiL and Lilya for dinner (after their theatre visit) .... but first I need to find some energy!

Got to do the banking first, which requires a diversion to the fabric shop  :)

Speak  later girls!

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 09:32:17 AM »
Up early... been to the dentist, only the hygienist, thought I was haveing a tooth out but that's not till the 30th. Got a mountain of washing to do and a load of tidying up, may have a chance to make my lampshade.

DementedFairy

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »
Lie in?  That only counts if it's WELL after 9.  In my heyday I used to stretch until early afternoon, grabbing a snack and retreating with a book, from all the demands from kids and ex.

Sewing plans for today include fixing the outrageously dropped hem of my lovely red dress, finishing a crazy steampunk clock skirt, and maybe even fixing the waistband on the Shreks.

Sunshine here after several days of torrential rain, but I suspect [by the aching of my thumbs] that more is to come.
C'est moi!

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
I never get up before 8.30. I might not be able to post before June as we're at our monthly broadband limit. Tried to upgrade to unlimited but got nowhere  :angry:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »
Well it started out sunny here but it is now raining. Washing done, hoovering done and kitchen surfaces cleaned, just enjoying a coffee or whats left after reading Ravingdoll's post!!!!!!
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 11:01:11 AM »
Just started to rain here, that may affect the decision to go to Southport.

Just got back from banking, and a lovely half hour in my local fabric emporium.  Yum, yum, yum!  Three lovely pieces of lace, one with a double border, one a lovely daisy lace, and at the last minute a narrow metre of a border lace, mmmmmm.

Sewing plans depend on whether we venture out or not.....

Have a lovely weekend, whatever your plans!  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 11:13:04 AM »
Managed to snag some nice batik fabric in Samuel Taylor's in Leeds reduced from £6  to  £2 pm

Do post a pic Tamney, if only to make me green with envy!  :x

Pinkstar

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »
I've had a lie in as well, didn't get up until 10.30.
Suns shining here at the mo, but there are some big black clouds gathering.  Might get my lupins planted out this afternoon and hopefully the lettuce edges on my pjs completed.  0_0

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
the lettuce edges on my pjs completed

??????  :o

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
This is a lettuce hem.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.

BrendaP

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »
I might not be able to post before June as we're at our monthly broadband limit. Tried to upgrade to unlimited but got nowhere 

One of the advantages of being with a small independent ISP is that on the odd occasion (usually if I've done a big software upgrade) when the monthly limit is getting close he sends an email with the option of adding a top-up for that month.