The Sewing Place

Monday 22nd May

Tamnymore

Monday 22nd May
« on: May 22, 2017, 07:26:06 AM »
Morning all. No sunshine here but promises to be warm later. I MUSTget those dratted buttonholes finished today...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:46:51 AM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ravingdoll

Re: Monday 22nd May
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 07:35:49 AM »
I have just got on the train, off to HMP Long Lartin as got to see one of my regulars. Looks like going to be a sunny day here in south west. Shame there are not many windows where I am off to!

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:46:21 AM »
Oh dear. One of the hazards of the job, RD!

shadykittykat

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 07:46:52 AM »
I have just got on the train, off to HMP Long Lartin as got to see one of my regulars. Looks like going to be a sunny day here in south west. Shame there are not many windows where I am off to!

I shall give you a wave, not that I am inside there, but in the general Worcestershire area of course.
Looks set to be a nice day here, no plans so hopefully the day wont be wasted
Kate
Running, sewing, eating.....
Wandering warily in warmest Worcestershire

Manuela

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:04:34 AM »
The heat is on here in Hong Kong, it looks like the long, hot and humid summer has just started.
I'm off today, went swimming and am now eagerly waiting for a parcel with some very beautiful fabric....

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »
I'm wondering whether to ring the dentist... I have a very wobbly big back tooth and it's sore... (I should stop wiggling it)... If it falls out will the tooth fairy come?

twopence

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:11:41 AM »
Sitting in bed catching up on posts after being away last week.  Glad the weather seems to be changing at last.  Lots to do so I'd better get up now I've drunk my tea.  May even get to the sewing machine but Chelsea is on so it could be hand sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:17:29 AM »
I'm wondering whether to ring the dentist... I have a very wobbly big back tooth and it's sore... (I should stop wiggling it)... If it falls out will the tooth fairy come?

Sadly I think it's more likely that you will have to pay the tooth fairy :devil:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:22:01 AM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
I agree! I'm afraid the tooth fairy will come along and leave a bill under your pillow  :(  Sound like a visit to the dentist either way.

Efemera

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 09:27:38 AM »
  2.55 this afternoon 🛠

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
Mr Acorn lost his last baby tooth a few years ago, at the grand old age of 40-something.  I'm afraid I can confirm that the tooth fairy did not show up.   ><

Today is housework.  My parents are coming for a few days tomorrow, and I like to fool them into thinking we live in a well-ordered house.  This will also mean that I have very little housework to do for a goodly while after they've gone, so I can use the time for SEWING!  0_0

I finished my blind/wall hanging thingy with the jugs yesterday.  I will post a picture in an appropriate place if I can get a decent one, which I couldn't yesterday. 

It is hot and grey here, and the forecast says it will get hotter but also sunnier later. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:06:30 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »
Overcast here in the NorthWest, but forecast to brighten up later.  After yesterdays efforts I'm exhausted.

Today, it's all work....  :(

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »
Weather was lovely yesterday and I pretty much did nothing. Briefly went into town in a jumper because I'm an idiot, then came home and sat indoors all day. Why!

Looking very forward to the long weekend so I'll be counting down the days to that. Wish I had a TNT dress pattern because I'm going out for brunch on Saturday and have nothing to wear, but won't be able to make anything nice in time.

This week's sewing focus will be the Lekala blouse I printed up, but lots of toiles needed first.

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
Going swimming soon, first time for about two weeks.

I have just put two duplicated items onto the for sale board, a spiral quilting book & CD and a Singer buttonholer.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Manuela

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »
The wait was worth it, the fabric arrived, I'm completely giddy. Now I need to dream up what to make from it  :D